Cisco Systems® Workgroup Business Unit is announcing the End of Life of the Cisco CDDI and FDDI SBus Adapters for Sun Workstations.
FDDI SBus Adapter
CDDI/MLT-3 SBus Adapter
CDDI/MLT-3 SBus Dual Attached Adapter
SunOS/Solaris SBus Driver Media Kit
FDDI SBus Dual Attached Adapter
End-of-Sale Date: July 31, 1996
Last Ship Date: July 31, 1996
Support will be provided for three years, or until July 31, 1999.
1. We will support existing products on existing SBus platforms. This includes current versions of driver software running under current operating system revisions. The following is a list of software versions we will support during this End-of-Life timeline:
– SunOS 4.1.4, Solaris 2.3, 2.4, 2.5
– SBus Flash firmware 4.4, 4.5
2. We will only support compatibility with currently available Sun hardware: Sun Sparcstation 5, 10, 20, and SparcServer 1000, 2000.
3. Notification of End of Life to customers, OEMs, and prospects who may be contemplating purchases is important in order for us to forecast for large purchases prior to discontinuation.
4. Please use the following list as alternatives for CDDI/FDDI SBus Adapter products from other manufacturers.
The Interphase 4611 comes complete with a SunOS 4.1.3, 4.1.4, or Solaris 2.X driver. The CDDI adapter cards are available with connectors to support UTP or STP and the FDDI adapters have connectors to support MIC, ST, and SC fiber connections. The FDDI dual-attached adapters are not available with MIC connections.