PDF(68.5 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:Mar 04, 2014
Cisco® announces the new Cisco SFS M7000E InfiniBand Switch for Dell. The Cisco SFS M7000E is an exclusive InfiniBand switch solution for the next-generation Dell blade platform, Dell M1000e, and is designed to offer optimal density, high performance, and power efficiency to high-performance computing (HPC) clusters of any size.
The Cisco SFS M7000E switch (Figure 1) delivers an ideal combination of price and performance for customers seeking to minimize costs and maximize results with the Dell M1000e blade platform. The switch provides double-data-rate (DDR) InfiniBand connectivity to up to 16 server modules and provides 8 DDR InfiniBand uplink ports. Each DDR InfiniBand port can support 20 Gbps of fully nonblocking bandwidth to each port. The port-to-port latency through the switch is 140 nanoseconds (ns).
Figure 1. Cisco SFSM7000E DDR InfiniBand Switch for the Dell M1000E
When fully populated, the Dell M1000e can have four Cisco SFS M7000E blade modules to drive 1.28 terabits of nonblocking traffic for I/O-intensive applications. The blade switch is also a hot-pluggable expansion module, allowing capacity expansion in real time without application disruption. The Cisco SFS M7000E is designed as a compelling HPC solution in the blade market.
The Cisco SFS M7000E provides the following features and benefits:
• High-performance bandwidth: 24 4X DDR InfiniBand ports for 20-Gbps links with a full bisectional bandwidth of 960 Gbps to support the most demanding HPC applications
• Low latency: Cut-through switch with less than 140 ns of port-to-port latency
• Powered ports: Connectivity with passive and active copper cables as well as optical cables
• Scale-out fabric topologies: Capability to build multiple, independent fabrics by installing multiple SFSM7000E switches in a chassis to support computing environments requiring extremely high throughput
The new Cisco SFS M7000E InfiniBand Switch for Dell begins shipping in March 2008.
Table 1 provides ordering information.
Table 1. Ordering Information for the Cisco SFS M7000E InfiniBand Switch
Cisco SFSM7000E Primary Switch
Cisco SFS M7000E switch includes the following:
• 24-port DDR InfiniBand blade switch
• 3 years of hardware support
Service and Support
® maintenance contracts are included with the purchase of the Cisco SFS M7000E InfiniBand Switch.
For More Information
For more information about the Cisco SFSM7000E InfiniBand Switch, contact your local account representative or email