Cisco Systems® announces the new Cisco® Catalyst® Blade Switch 3030 for Dell. The Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3030 is an integrated switch for the Dell PowerEdge Blade Server that extends Cisco intelligent network services to the server edge and uses existing network investments to help reduce operational expenses.
Designed for the Dell Power Edge Blade Server Enclosure, the Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3030 helps ensure consistency across the network for advanced services such as security and resiliency. It also allows customers to take advantage of the end-to-end Cisco management framework to simplify ongoing operations.
Table 1 provides lists the part numbers and product descriptions for the Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3030 for Dell.
Table 1. Ordering Information for Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3030 for Dell
• Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3030 for Dell-spare
• Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3030 for Dell-factory-installed into Blade Server Enclosure from Dell
The Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3030 provides the following hardware configuration:
• 10 internal 1000BASE-T ports connected to servers through the PowerEdge Enclosure backplane
• 4 external 10/100/1000 SFP-based ports; the switch supports copper and fiber SX SFP modules from Cisco
• 2 external 10/100/1000BASE-T ports
• 1 external console port
Available with Cisco IOS
® Software, LAN Base image, the Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3030 offers a complete set of intelligent services to deliver security, quality of service (QoS), and high availability in the server farm access environment.
The new Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3030 for Dell begins shipping March 2006.