PDF(136.9 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:Aug 09, 2010
Introducing Cisco Catalyst 4507R+E and 4510R+E Chassis
Cisco introduces two new chassis for the Cisco® Catalyst® 4500 Series Switches: the Catalyst 4507R+E and Catalyst 4510R+E (Figure 1). The new chassis deliver 48 Gigabits per slot capacity for all line card slots, allowing the system to scale to 848 Gbps switching capacity. The new chassis are compatible with all current Catalyst 4500 Series supervisor engines (Supervisor Engines 6-E, 6L-E*, and V-10GE) and line cards, protecting investments and offering a system that is ready for next-generation services and hardware. Cisco IOS® Software Release 12.2(54)SG is supported on the new chassis.
*Supervisor Engine 6L-E does not support the Catalyst 4510R+E or 4510R-E chassis.
Figure 1. Cisco Catalyst 4507R+E and 4510R+E Chassis
The Cisco Catalyst 4507R+E and 4510R+E chassis offer the following benefits:
• Bandwidth capacity: The new chassis are capable of providing up to 848 Gbps switching capacity at 48 Gb per slot. This provides investment protection and the capability to meet future high-bandwidth requirements in the network.
• Redundant power supplies: The Cisco Catalyst 4507R+E and 4510R+E chassis have two bays for the power supplies to help maximize system uptime.
• Redundant supervisor engines: To facilitate nonstop operations, the new chassis have two dedicated slots for supervisor engines.
• AC and DC power options: The new chassis support both AC and DC power supply options. For AC power, 1300 watts (W), 1400W, 2800W, 4200W, and 6000W power supplies are available. For DC power, 1400W DC power supplies are available.
• Standards compliance: The Cisco Catalyst 407R+E and 4510R+E comply with Network Equipment Building Standards (NEBS).
The Cisco Catalyst 4507R+E and 4510R+E chassis are available to order in August 2010. Table 1 lists the ordering information. To place an order, visit the
Cisco Ordering Home Page.
Table 1. Ordering Information
Cisco Catalyst 4500 10-slot E+ chassis
Cisco Catalyst 4500 7-slot E+ chassis
Fan tray for 7-slot E+ chassis
Fan tray for 10-slot E+ chassis
Cisco Services make networks, applications, and the people who use them work better together.
Today, the network is a strategic platform in a world that demands better integration between people, information, and ideas. The network works better when services, together with products, create solutions aligned with business needs and opportunities.
The unique Cisco Lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the network lifecycle to help ensure service excellence. With a collaborative delivery methodology that joins the forces of Cisco, our skilled network of partners, and our customers, we achieve the best results.