PDF(95.0 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:December 8, 2008
Cisco introduces the new Cisco® Catalyst® 3560 Compact Switch. This switch enables advanced security services to the network edge and deliver Power over Ethernet (PoE) connectivity for deployments outside the wiring closet. This compact switch has a small form factor with a durable metal shell, no fan for silent operation, easy wall or under-the-desk mounting, a security lock to prevent theft, and an available cable guard to secure the Ethernet cables and switch. Now enterprise and commercial customers can deliver the intelligent services of the Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series for hotel rooms, office workspaces, small branch offices, classrooms, cruise ships, and other wiring-constrained environments.
Key Features and Benefits
The new Cisco Catalyst 3560 Compact Switch offers the following benefits:
• Advanced network security using various authentication methods and Network Admission Control (NAC) for the enterprise network edge
• Twelve ports PoE with up to 15.4 watts (W) of PoE (power cap at 124W)
• Compact size with no fan and magnet; cable guard and rack-mount options
• Dual-purpose 10/100/1000 and Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) uplink for deployment flexibility and investment protection
• Easy network configuration, upgrades, and troubleshooting using the embedded Cisco Catalyst Device Manager and the PC-based Cisco Network Assistant
• Limited lifetime warranty
Table 1 provides ordering information for the new Cisco Catalyst 3560 Compact Switch.
12 Ethernet 10/100 ports with PoE and 1 dual-purpose 10/100/1000 or SFP uplink
A cable guard for securing the Ethernet cables and a 19-inch rack mount can be ordered separately. Table 2 lists the ordering information for the cable guard and rack mount for the compact switch.
Table 2. Accessories
Cable guard for the Cisco Catalyst 3560-12PC Compact Switch
Rack mount for the Cisco Catalyst 3560 and Cisco Catalyst 2960 Compact Switches
The Cisco Catalyst 3560-12PC Compact Switch delivers up to 15.4W on 12 Fast Ethernet ports (power cap at 124W). It comes with the Cisco Catalyst 3560 IP Base image, which supports advanced quality of service (QoS), rate-limiting, access control lists (ACLs), Dynamic ARP Inspection, IP Source Guard, DHCP Snooping, and NAC. The Cisco Catalyst 3560-12PC is upgradable to the IP Services.
The new compact Cisco Catalyst 3560 Switch is available and orderable in November 2008.