Cisco® is introducing the Cisco Catalyst® 2960 Series Power over Ethernet (PoE) Switches with LAN Lite Software, new members of the Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series of fixed-configuration standalone switches for entry-level enterprise, midmarket, and small branch office networks. These three Cisco Catalyst 2960 Switches with LAN Lite Cisco IOS® Software simplify the migration from nonintelligent hubs and unmanaged switches to a fully scalable managed network. The LAN Lite Cisco IOS Software provides entry-level security, quality of service (QoS), PoE, and availability capabilities while lowering the network total cost of ownership. Table 1 provides brief descriptions of the Cisco Catalyst LAN Lite switches.
• 48 Ethernet 10/100 ports and 2 10/100/1000 uplinks and 2 SFP uplinks
• 48 PoE ports
• 1 RU fixed-configuration
• LAN Lite Image installed
The Cisco Catalyst 2960 LAN Lite switches offer the following benefits:
• Dual-purpose uplinks for Gigabit Ethernet uplink flexibility, allowing use of either a copper or a fiber uplink. Each dual-purpose uplink port has one 10/100/1000 Ethernet port and one SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet port, with one port active at a time.
• PoE eliminates the need for wall power outlets for each PoE-enabled device and significantly reduces the cost for additional electrical cabling.
• Scalable and secure network management.
• Baseline Network Admission Control based on users, ports, and MAC addresses.
• Easy network configuration, Cisco IOS Software updates, and troubleshooting using the embedded device manager and Cisco Network Assistant.
• DHCP Auto install with Cisco Auto Smartports for easy configuration and installation.
• Enhanced troubleshooting for link connectivity issues and cable diagnostics.
• QoS and support for multicast services.
• Limited lifetime hardware warranty.
• Software updates available at no additional cost.
The Cisco Catalyst 2960 LAN Lite PoE switches will begin shipping in June 2009.