Cisco® Security Agent security software provides threat protection for server and desktop computing systems, also known as endpoints. Cisco Security Agent Version 4.5 goes beyond conventional endpoint security solutions by identifying and preventing malicious behavior before it can occur, thereby removing potential known and unknown security risks that threaten enterprise networks and applications. Because Cisco Security Agent analyzes behavior rather than relying on signature matching, its solution provides robust protection with reduced operational costs.
Table 1. Cisco Security Agent Version 4.5 Features
• Scalable to 100,000 agents per Management Center for Cisco Security Agent-Enables enterprise-scale deployments with centralized policy creation and alert reporting.
• Internationalization-Cisco Security Agent now runs on international versions of Windows, and the agent user interface is localized into French, German, and Japanese (Kanji). The agent does not support international languages that display characters right-to-left (Arabic and Hebrew), nor is the Management Center's console localized.
• User-based security rules and policies-Rules and policies can be applied based on the current logged-in user context, as defined in Active Directory, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), and other directory protocols. Both user ID and group ID can be used by the rules.
• Location-based security rules and policies-Different rules and policies can be applied based on the physical or logical location of a computer. For example, a laptop could have a less stringent security policy while in the office, and a more stringent policy when away from the office. Rules and policies can also be applied based on the SDN/NAC status reported by the router or switch that the computer is connecting to.
• Application inventory and use tracking-Cisco Security Agent can track which applications are installed on a computer or group of computers, which of these are actually run, which of these use the network, whether the application is a network client or a network server, and which remote IP addresses it communicates with.
• Hot fix and service pack status checking-Cisco Security Agent can track which hot fixes or service packs are installed on a computer or group of computers.
• Enhanced security control for sensitive data files-Cisco Security Agent can now control data written to the clipboard by applications reading sensitive data, and can restrict whether other applications can read the sensitive data.
• Antivirus DAT version check-Cisco Security Agent can check the installation status and antivirus DAT version level for Symantec and McAfee antivirus agents.
• New operating system platform support-Cisco Security Agent can now run on Microsoft Windows clusters, as well as on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0 (WS, ES, or AS), and on Windows XP Home Edition.
Table 2. Ordering Information for Cisco Security Agent Version 4.5
FOR MORE INFORMATION