Protect Data and Users Easily and Cost-Effectively
When your first priority is business, there's no time for remediating security problems or continuously patching and cleaning your servers and employees' computers. However, web-borne threats, such as viruses, spyware, and malware, pose an increasing threat to business assets. With data at risk, small businesses need comprehensive security-and it needs to be easy to deploy and use. Cisco
® ProtectLink Endpoint is a client software agent that provides affordable protection against spyware, viruses, and other malware for Windows PCs and servers, with policy enforcement and minimal administration. ProtectLink Endpoint provides an additional level of protection for your systems and the security of your business.
• Antimalware, antispyware, antivirus: Effectively blocks threats to protect your employee's productivity and confidential information and your business's vital confidential information from breaches, loss and corruption.
• Protection for Windows servers: Helps protect against breaches, loss, and corruption by malware, viruses, spyware, rootkits, and web-based threats
• Web reputation: Determines the risk of accessing websites
• Automatic policy enforcement: Restricts users' Internet access if current PC security levels are out of date (available on Cisco SA 500 Series Security Appliances)
Cisco ProtectLink Endpoint is hosted and continuously updated by Trend Micro to protect Microsoft Windows desktops and servers. It can integrate with select Cisco Small Business router and security products to enforce a company's protection policies on all user endpoints. Figure 1 shows a typical configuration of a small business system protected by the Cisco ProtectLink Endpoint solution.
Figure 1. The Cisco ProtectLink Endpoint Solution
Easy to Use, Powered by Trend Micro
Cisco ProtectLink Endpoint protects PCs and Microsoft Windows servers against spyware, viruses, and other malware. Powered by Trend Micro, the leader in secure content management for the desktop, ProtectLink Endpoint automatically protects data confidentiality and resource availability, identifies vulnerabilities, assesses damage, and cleans up-all without intervention from you. With built-in security policy enforcement, ProtectLink Endpoint can work with select Cisco Small Business router and security products to also prevent machines without the latest security policies in place from accessing the Internet.
Simple and Affordable Threat Protection
Simply download the software one time onto each Windows desktop, notebook, or server-the security settings are already configured. You do not need to purchase, deploy, or manage on-premises servers to run the software or pay costs associated with centralized management.
Protection from Web Threats
ProtectLink Endpoint also protects PCs from the growing number of web-based threats, including malware from infected websites. Users' PCs are protected whether they are online or offline, at the office or mobile. The solution continually updates and maintains security for each user.
Protection for Employee Productivity and Confidential Data
Employee productivity and confidential business data are always protected-inside and outside of the office. ProtectLink Endpoint protects up to 100 desktop and notebook computers to preserve employee productivity. At the same time, it guards vital business data on Windows servers.
Easy to Manage
You can view the security status of multiple PCs at any time through the ProtectLink Endpoint management console, which is accessible through a web browser and Internet connection. The console also allows you to view risk summaries, create reports, generate logs, and store reports within minutes.
Automatic Policy Enforcement
Built-in policy enforcement with select Cisco Small Business router or security products, preventing users from accessing the Internet if their current PC security levels are not up to date. You do not have to dedicate resources to continuously update desktop and notebook systems or ensure that they are used correctly. (Function available with Cisco SA 500 Series Security Appliances)
Cisco ProtectLink Endpoint virtually eliminates security worries by stopping the latest threats without requiring intervention from you. No matter where employees work, device protection is continuously updated by Trend Micro experts in their cloud-based global data centers. A hosted solution enables you to automatically block harmful spyware and malware, as well as stop the latest web threats, before they reach your systems-with zero administration.
• Web threat protection powered by the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network, including web reputation, to efficiently and effectively block threats before they reach users' systems
– Detects and removes conventional threats, including viruses, spyware, rootkits, and bots
– Blocks spam in POP 3 email, saving staff time
• Endpoint Firewall:
– Supports Windows XP/Vista 64 clients
– Prevents unauthorized access to protected systems
• Hosted operation:
– No security server component installation required
– Zero administration required by you
– Stops the latest threats without employee or staff intervention
• Automatic policy enforcement:
– Built into select Cisco Small Business routers and security appliances (Available on Cisco SA 500 Series Security Appliances)
– Restricts users from accessing the Internet if their desktop security is not current or active
Complement Desktop Protection with other Cisco ProtectLink Series Products
Cisco ProtectLink Gateway is a security service available for select Cisco Small Business routers and security appliances. ProtectLink Gateway uses the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network to provide powerful antispam and antiphishing email filtering, URL content filtering, and web threat protection to block standalone and blended-threat attacks and enforce your specific Internet usage policies the router or security appliance for your business network. These features prevent unwanted content from passing through your Internet connection, and they protect you against websites that are infected with spyware.
The Cisco ProtectLink Web is a hosted security solution that runs on many Cisco Small Business routing and security products to provide the latest protection against malicious websites and control web access to protect a small business and its employees.
Cisco ProtectLink Web and ProtectLink Gateway are simple and affordable, and can provide powerful protection-without requiring additional hardware or software.
Table 1 gives the system requirements for Cisco ProtectLink Endpoint.
Table 1. System Requirements
Browser Requirements for Management Console
• Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
• Firefox 2.0 or later
® Reader 7.0 or later for viewing reports
System Requirements for PCs
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition 32-bit, Service Pack 4 or later:
• 300-MHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent
• 256 MB RAM
• 350 MB available disk space
• Monitor that supports 800 x 600 resolution with 256 colors
• Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Professional Edition, or Tablet PC Edition 32-bit and 64-bit, Service Pack 2 or later:
Limited Warranty for Cisco Small Business Series Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with a 90-day limited software warranty. In addition, Cisco offers software application updates for bug fixes and telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase. To download software updates, go to: