Protect Your Business against Spam and Web-Based Threats
• Antispam, antivirus, antispyware, antiphishing: Effectivelystops email threats, reducing the security risks associated with email
• URL filtering: Controls users' access to the web
• Web reputation: Determines the risk of accessing websites
• Content filtering: Based on company rules, refines control of email and web usage
Figure 1. How Cisco ProtectLink Gateway Protects a Business
Keep Spam and Internet Threats Off Your Network
Internet threats come in many forms. Many enter your network through email. However, a growing number of threats come from websites that host malicious software. Productivity is diminished as employees spend time sifting through spam or browsing through non-work-related websites. Internet bandwidth and email server space are wasted on unnecessary file transfer and storage.
Comprehensive Hosted Service Powered by Trend Micro
Cisco ProtectLink Gateway (Figure 1) delivers cost-effective email and web filtering for your business. Powered by Trend Micro, the leader in gateway secure content management, ProtectLink Gateway is a hosted service that runs on select Cisco
® Small Business security appliances and routers. It integrates powerful antispam and antiphishing email filtering, URL content filtering and web reputation monitoring to block standalone and blended-threat attacks and enforce customer-specific use policies. These features prevent unwanted content from passing into your network and protect you against websites that are infected with spyware.
Simple and Affordable Threat Protection for Small Business
Using just a supported Cisco Small Business security appliance or router and no other hardware, you can quickly deploy this protection into your business. Continuous updates help ensure that the protection is always up to date and accurate.
Simplified Management of Web Usage
ProtectLink Gateway allows you to create and enforce the web usage policies best suited for your business. Websites are categorized, enabling you to block or restrict access to offensive or non-work-related sites. This feature helps you not only improve employee productivity but also reduce web-based threats and conserve bandwidth.
With this integrated security solution from Cisco you can focus on building a successful business and leave your protection to us.
– Blocks spam before it reaches the company network by using the world's largest, most trusted reputation database
– Combines multiple protective techniques, including patent-pending image spam detection technology and embedded URL reputation
– Multilingual spam detection improves protection for global companies
– Blocks inappropriate content
– Filters email for spam, viruses, spyware, bots, phishing, and other threats
• URL filtering
– Blocks employees from unproductive websites
– Helps enforce company Internet acceptable use policy
– Includes more than 80 URL categories to allow or block for tuning the company security policy
• Web reputation
– Regularly reviewed security ratings determine whether a website is safe before employees can gain access
– Blocks connections to known unsafe websites to protect users and the business from malicious downloads
• Simple-to-manage, integrated solution
– Integrates Ciscos's leading security technology and threat expertise with industry-leading security appliance and router technology from Cisco
– Single, web-based management console provides access to real-time reports, message tracking, and password administration
– Preset protection defaults simplify management - all tuning and updates are automated by the Cisco hosted security service
– Installs into existing networks with minimal email service configuration
How It Works
1. Buy a selected Cisco security appliance or router that supports ProtectLink Gateway (see Table 1).
2. Buy ProtectLink Gateway subscription from your Cisco reseller.
3. Activate the subscription.
4. Spam and viruses are removed from your email, and access to bad websites and phishing URLs are blocked.
Updates are continuously received to prevent new threats.
Table 1 gives the specifications for the Cisco ProtectLink Gateway product and Table 2 provides detailed ordering information.
Table 1. Specifications for the Cisco ProtectLink Gateway
Cisco SA 500 Series Security Appliances
• Supported Cisco product
• Internal business mail server (Exchange, Notes, Domino, etc.)
• Access to DNS mail exchange records for MX mail hosting redirection
• Internet Explorer version 6.0 or 7.0 or later or Mozilla Firefox version 1.0 or 1.5 or later
90-day limited software warranty.
Table 2. Ordering Information
eDelivery Cisco ProtectLink Gateway Unlimited Web + 25 Max Email Seats, 1 year License
eDelivery Cisco ProtectLink Gateway Unlimited Web + 100 Max Email Seats, 1 year License
eDelivery Cisco ProtectLink Gateway Unlimited Web + 25 Max Email Seats, 3 year License
eDelivery Cisco ProtectLink Gateway Unlimited Web + 100 Max Email Seats, 3 year License
Cisco Limited Warranty for Cisco Small Business Series Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with a 90-day limited software warranty. In addition, Cisco offers software application updates for bug fixes and telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase.