The Cisco® ASR 1000 Series Route Processor, the route processor for the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers, addresses the route-processing requirements of carrier-grade IP and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) packet infrastructures. It is responsible for the following functions:
• Executing routing protocol stacks
• Performing all protocol communications with other routers
• Building and distributing forwarding information to all line cards
• Uploading the operating-system software system images to all installed line cards upon powering up
• Providing out-of-band system console and auxiliary ports, a universal serial bus (USB), and an Ethernet port for router configuration and maintenance; and monitoring and managing the power and temperature of system components such as line cards, power supplies, and fans
The first-generation Cisco ASR 1000 Series Route Processor RP1 (RP1) and second-generation Cisco ASR 1000 Series Route Processor RP2 (RP2) offer the following new features:
• Integrate full range of industry-leading Cisco IOS® Software features and services
• Provide optional redundant-processor support and dual Cisco IOS Software support for single route-processor solutions for the industry's most compact, fully redundant, high-availability solution, improving network resiliency, management, and costs
• Provide hard disk drive for code storage, boot, configuration, logs, etc.
• Offer field-replaceable and hot-swappable module to help ensure minimal service disruption
• Offer Stratum-3 clock circuitry and input ports
• Provide USB port for 1-GB Compact Flash memory support
• Offer memory scalability up to 4 GB for RP1 and 16 GB for RP2
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Route Processor is not part of the Cisco Technology Migration Program (TMP) at this time. Refer to
www.cisco.com/go/TMP and contact your local Cisco account representative, because there may be a TMP in the future.
1GB USB Flash Token for Cisco ASR 1000 Series, spare
Cisco ASR 1000 Series Router chassis (4RU or 6RU)
ASR1004 or ASR1006
Cisco ASR-1000 Embedded Services Processor 10Gbps
Cisco ASR-1000 Embedded Services Processor 10Gbps Non Crypto
Cisco ASR-1000 Embedded Services Processor 20Gbps
Cisco ASR-1000 SPA Interface Processor 10
Cisco ASR 1000 Series RP1 ADVANCED ENTERPRISE W/O CRYPTO
Cisco ASR 1000 Series RP1 ADVANCED ENTERPRISE SERVICES
Cisco ASR 1000 Series RP1 ADVANCED IP SERVICES W/O CRYPTO
Cisco ASR 1000 Series RP1 ADVANCED IP SERVICES
Cisco ASR 1000 Series RP1 IP BASE W/O CRYPTO
Cisco ASR 1000 Series RP1 IP BASE
Cisco ASR 1000 Series RP2 ADVANCED ENTERPRISE W/O CRYPTO
Cisco ASR 1000 Series RP2 ADVANCED ENTERPRISE SERVICES
Cisco ASR 1000 Series RP2 ADVANCED IP SERVICES W/O CRYPTO
Cisco ASR 1000 Series RP2 ADVANCED IP SERVICES
Cisco ASR 1000 Series RP2 IP BASE W/O CRYPTO
Cisco ASR 1000 Series RP2 IP BASE
Cisco Services integrates closely with Corporate Marketing teams as an essential element of any technology solution. Please contact your Cisco Services manager if you have not already received targeted services content blocks for integration. Please send an e-mail message to
email@example.com if you are not sure of the appropriate contact.
Cisco Services makes networks, applications, and the people who use them work better together.
Today, the network is a strategic platform in a world that demands better integration between people, information, and ideas. The network works better when services, together with products, create solutions aligned with business needs and opportunities.
The unique Cisco Lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the network lifecycle to help ensure service excellence. A collaborative delivery methodology that joins the forces of Cisco, its skilled network of partners, and its customers achieves the best results.
For More Information
For more information about the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Route Processor, visit
www.cisco.com/go/asr1000 or contact your local Cisco account representative.