The Cisco® 1-Port 4-Wire 56-/64-kbps CSU/DSU WAN Interface Card (HWIC-1DSU-56K4) performs the channel service unit/data service unit (CSU/DSU) functions for both digital data service (DDS) (dedicated) and 4-wire switched 56-kbps (56K) data networks. In addition, it provides an all-rate synchronous interface to any dedicated DDS point-to-point or multipoint network compatible with AT&T Publication 62310. The new card also supports 4-wire switched 56K data services such as AT&T's Accunet 56 or Sprint's VPN-56 plus many switched data services offered by local exchange carriers. Figure 1 shows the Cisco 1-Port 4-Wire 56-/64-kbps CSU/DSU WAN Interface Card (WIC).
Figure 1. Cisco 1-Port 4-Wire 56-/64-kbps CSU/DSU WIC
Note: The information presented in this document was derived from devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If you are working in a live network, please ensure that you understand the potential effect of any command before using it.
• Implements the switched 56K and DDS (leased-line) operation
• Identical hardware feature set to the 4-wire 56-/64-kbps CSU/DSU
• Identical Cisco IOS® Software configuration
• Supports the DDS (leased-line) operation (AT&T Pub. 62310)
• Supports DDS loop rates 2.4, 4.8, 9.6, 19.2, 38.4, 56, and 64 kbps
• Supports the switched 56 operation at 56 kbps (AT&T Pub. 41458 and Sprint TS-0046)
• Provides receiver sensitivity of -45 db at all loop rates
• Compliant with UL 1950, UL 1459, CSA 22.2-950, CSA 22.2-255, FCC part 15J Class A, and FCC part 68
Table 1. Platform Support
Note: The Cisco IOS Software releases provided are typically the minimum version required to support the platform, module, or feature in question. Use the Software Advisor (registered customers only) to choose appropriate software for your network device; match software features to Cisco IOS Software and Cisco Catalyst® OS releases, compare Cisco IOS Software releases, or find out which software releases support your hardware.
Note: There are no framing or linecode commands because the 56K card is not a T1 and does not relate to time slots. T1 lines have 24 time slots: 24 x 64 DS-0 ports = 1.544m.
Note: This card is strictly 56K and time slots are not relevant.
Table 2. Connector Pinout Details
Table 3. LEDs
Table 4. Ordering Information