Cisco Video Surveillance Stream Manager Version 5.0
PDF(70.7 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:Mar 24, 2007
® Video Surveillance Stream Manager Software is a collection of independent software modules that provide advanced and flexible configuration, management, and operation of video surveillance networks and solutions. Featuring intuitive graphical user interfaces and comprehensive features, Stream Manager Software functions as an integration platform for security systems and enables true convergence of closed circuit television (CCTV) and the enterprise LAN. Stream Manager software applications provide digital video, audio, and serial data management across any IP network.
Cisco Video Surveillance Stream Manager Version 5.0 includes the following features:
• Camera Sequencing
Camera Sequencing allows a pre-programmed sequence of camera operations on one or more cameras to be displayed on one or more monitors. Programming camera operations such as dwell time and pan, tilt, zoom (PTZ) allows the operator to regularly and systematically scan important areas without manual intervention or errors. This feature enables consistent video recording among operators, across shifts, etc.
• Alarm Handling Presets
Alarm Handling Presets allow a pre-programmed sequence of camera operations based upon an alarm event. When a particular alarm occurs, the camera can perform operations such as dwell time and PTZ to make sure the desired video is captured. This feature helps ensure consistent scene recording without operator intervention.
• Dynamic Encoding Changes
Dynamic Encoding Changes allow the encoders to automatically change the video output based upon certain conditions. For example, upon receiving an alarm, the encoder can increase the resolution or frame rate of the video in order to make sure that a high-quality image is sent. This feature saves storage capacity by only using high-resolution video when needed, and does not require an operator to manually recognize an incident in order to change the parameters.
• Frame by Frame Rewind
Frame by Frame Rewind allows Stream Manager software and legacy keyboards to rewind every single recorded frame. Previously, only one frame per second could be displayed. This feature substantially enhances rewind video to improve analysis.
• Multiclip Video Exporting
Multiclip Video Exporting allows an operator to build a single video export from multiple sources. This allows the video from multiple cameras to be combined into a single file, rather than multiple files. It also allows video from up to four cameras to be exported as a quad-pane stream. This enables ease of analysis and coordination among different cameras.
• User Accounts and Access Rights improve the security and level of control of user access and privileges. Users can be permitted or denied access to or control of the encoders, decoders, and services platforms in the network. For example, a user may be denied access to control a PTZ camera, or only allowed to view certain monitors. This increases the level of security within the network and prohibits unauthorized use.
• IP Networking Features
– Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP) allows devices to automatically retrieve an IP address from a server. This eliminates manual IP address configuration and simplifies installation.
– Domain Name System (DNS) automatically translates IP addresses to hostnames. This simplifies access to devices by using a descriptive name, such as Decoder_Main, rather than IP addresses.
– Simple Network Management Protocol version 2 (SNMPv2) enables standard based network management operations.
– Quality of Service (QoS) improves traffic management on the network. Video surveillance streams from encoders and services platforms can be prioritized over other types of traffic on the network. This helps ensure that high-quality video will be maintained on the network at all times.
Table 1 lists ordering information for Cisco Video Surveillance Stream Manager Version 5.0. To place an order, visit the
Cisco Home Page.
Table 1. Ordering Information
Cisco Video Surveillance Stream Manager Configuration Module
Cisco Video Surveillance Stream Manager Client Viewing Module
Cisco Video Surveillance Stream Manager Administration and Monitoring Module
Cisco Video Surveillance Stream Manager Administration and Monitoring with Failover Module
Service and Support
Using the Cisco Lifecycle Services approach, Cisco and its partners provide a broad portfolio of end-to-end services and support that can help increase the network's business value and return on investment. This approach defines the minimum set of activities needed, by technology and by network complexity, to help successfully deploy and operate Cisco technologies and optimize their performance throughout the lifecycle of the network.