Cisco Video Surveillance 2500 Series IP Camera Firmware Version 2.1
PDF(100.0 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:Jun 09, 2009
New features are available for the Cisco
® 2500 Series Video Surveillance IP Camera. Existing users can access these features by upgrading their firmware to Version 2.1, which will become the default shipping version shortly after introduction. Firmware Version 2.1 will also be shipped with the new
Cisco 2400 Series and 2500 Series Video Surveillance IP Domes. For more information, refer to the user guides for these products.
Cisco Video Surveillance 2500 Series IP Camera Firmware Version 2.1 includes the following features:
• Cisco Media API: Firmware Version 2.1 adds support for the Cisco Media API, an open, standards-based interface that allows integration with compatible video surveillance management systems.
• MJPEG encoding: Firmware Version 2.1 adds support for MJPEG encoding.
• 802.1x authentication: Firmware Version 2.1 adds support for 802.1x authentication on the Ethernet interface of the wired Cisco Video Surveillance 2500 Series IP Camera. 802.1x authentication for the wireless interface has been supported since the inception of the wireless version of the 2500 Series IP Camera.
• Bonjour zero configuration: Firmware Version 2.1 adds support for the Bonjour zero configuration discovery protocol.
Cisco and our certified partners can help you accelerate success and improve the return on your investment in a Cisco Physical Security solution. The Cisco lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the solution lifecycle:
• Reduce deployment costs by identifying the features that will best meet your business requirements.
• Accelerate migration by assessing the readiness of your network to support the system and by developing a sound design.
• Support smooth implementation through effective planning and expert installation, configuration, and integration.
• Increase operational efficiency and extend the value of your investment with award-winning technical support.