No one can be everywhere at once. But for a small business owner, knowing what's happening in your storefront, warehouse, or parking lot at all times can make a difference in your company's physical and financial security. Whether you need to monitor your premises entrance, view employees as they work, guard against theft and vandalism during off-hours, or simply protect your business in the event of a workplace accident, you need effective remote video surveillance.
The Cisco Small Business PVC300 Pan Tilt Optical Zoom Internet Camera
® Small Business PVC300 Pan Tilt Optical Zoom Internet Camera provides a feature-rich, highly flexible video solution for your business. It provides full pan, tilt, and optical zoom capabilities (Figure 1) to let you monitor any aspect of your business operations and virtually manage multiple sites from a central location. As an intelligent IP solution, the Cisco PVC300 also offers a wealth of advanced security, monitoring, and alerting capabilities that go far beyond what conventional closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems can provide. The Cisco Small Business PVC300 Internet camera lets you:
• Integrate alarms, door sensors, motion detectors, and other business and security systems into your video solution
• View live video of your business from anywhere, using an Internet-enabled PC or mobile phone
• Receive automatic alerts (including video clips or still images) whenever motion is detected on your premises after hours
• Locate specific dates, times, or incidents in your video archives in seconds, instead of having to manually pore over hours of analog video
• Easily and cost-effectively add new cameras, video storage, and security applications as your business evolves
Figure 1. PVC300 Pan Tilt Optical Zoom Internet Camera
None of these capabilities are possible with conventional CCTV systems that rely on analog video technology and proprietary, self-contained networks. The Cisco PVC300 Internet camera delivers all of them over the IP network you already have in place. With complete video monitoring and management software included, the Cisco PVC300 provides a complete state-of-the-art video solution, at a price small businesses can afford.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco Small Business PVC300 Pan Tilt Optical Zoom Internet Camera provides:
• Optimal camera control: The Cisco PVC300 features 2.6x optical zoom and a Sony progressive-scan charge-coupled device (CCD) sensor that provides exceptional image quality even in low light. With full pan, tilt, and zoom capabilities, you can remotely monitor your business from virtually any angle, providing a cost-effective alternative to deploying multiple fixed cameras.
• Remote accessibility: With an IP surveillance solution, you can access real-time video from any Internet-connected PC or mobile phone, and virtually manage your business's security and operational efficiency from anywhere.
• Advanced application support: The Cisco PVC300 features an integrated speaker output and microphone for two-way audio, as well as input/output ports to support a variety of applications. You can link your PVC300 video surveillance system with door sensors, motion sensors, alarms, lighting systems, phone systems, or virtually any other business system.
• Easy installation: The Cisco PVC300 includes easy-to-install ceiling brackets and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support, so you can power and control the camera with a single cable. The intuitive graphical user interface in the included video software makes it easy to deploy cameras and sensor systems and set up intelligent alerts.
• Included video monitoring software: Other IP surveillance systems require separate video monitoring software that can cost as much as $1500. The Cisco PVC300 includes a complete monitoring suite at no extra cost that lets you easily configure and control up to 16 cameras.
• A complete surveillance solution: The Cisco PVC300 is part of a growing family of IP surveillance cameras designed as a fully integrated component of your Cisco Small Business network. With a full portfolio of small business routing and switching, data storage, and telephony technologies, Cisco can provide a comprehensive video, voice, and data solution for your business.
Table 1 gives the features and specifications of the Cisco Small Business PVC300 Internet camera.
Table 1. Cisco PVC300 Features and Specifications
• Pan, tilt, zoom camera with 2.6x optical zoom
• IPv6 support, Samba client
• 1/4-inch, progressive-scan CCD sensor delivers high-quality video
• Low light sensitivity with high-quality lens and sensor
• Audio input/output for external microphone and/or speaker
• I/O ports facilitate alarm triggers, power lights on/off, etc.
• PoE allows for flexible installation
• Dual codecs (MPEG-4 and MJPEG) supported simultaneously
• IP multicast support
• Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) video/audio streaming to unicast and multicast clients
• 4x digital zoom and 2.6x optical zoom
• Third-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) allows viewing of video on a mobile device
• Motion detection with event notifications to an email
• Account or alarm log in the monitoring software
• JPEG snapshots at multiple resolutions that can be sent to an FTP server
• Real-Time video recording from the Web interface directly with one button recording
• PC-less event recording directly to Network Attached Storage via integrated Samba client
TCP/IP, HTTP, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), FTP, Network Time Protocol (NTP), Domain Name System (DNS), Universal Plug and Play (UPnP), Real-Time Protocol (RTP), Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP), Dynamic DNS (DDNS), dual-stack IPv4 and IPv6, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Bonjour
Ethernet w/PoE, Microphone IN, Speaker OUT, Power (12V, 1A), general-purpose I/O
Unshielded twisted pair (UTP) Category 5
Pan, tilt, zoom with 2.6x optical zoom
1 input control (2 pins) and 1 output control (2 pins)
1/4-in. Sony progressive CCD sensor
1 lux at F1.9
2.8 to 7.3-mm fixed iris
0.6 m ~ infinity
-175 to +175 degrees
-35 to 90 degrees
2.6x optical zoom
Field of view
Horizontal: 73.4 to 28.7 degrees; vertical: 54.7 to 21.6 degrees
640 x 480 (Video Graphics Array [VGA]), 320 x 240 (Quarter VGA [QVGA]), 160 x 120 (Quarter-QVGA [QQVGA])
1 to 30 frames per second (fps) (selectable)
Setup, Configuration, and Management
Web user interface
Built-in web user interface for easy browser-based configuration (HTTP)
Internet Explorer version 5 or later with ActiveX support for viewing, recording, playback, and setting motion detection. Limited support for Safari and Firefox (no motion detection).
Web firmware upgrade
Firmware upgradable through web browser
Windows application for discovery and configuration of cameras
MPEG-4 simple profile, MJPEG, and simultaneous dual-stream
NTSC and PAL
Brightness, Auto White Balance, Hue, and Saturation
4x digital zoom
Auto white-balance (AWB), auto-exposure (AE), Auto-Focus (AF)
Select video by quality, bandwidth, frame rate, variable bit rate, and constant bit rate
3GPP for use with 3G phones
Included Video Monitoring System Software (SWVMS16)
• Monitoring, recording, and playback for up to 16 cameras
• Advanced search histogram or by time and date
• Recording set up to record by motion trigger, manual, or schedule
• 2-way audio, built-in microphone: 6 mm, -40 db + 3 db
• Microphone input: 3.5-mm phone jack
• Speaker output: 3.5-mm phone jack
G.726: 16 Kb; G.711: A-law and μ-law AAC, and GSM-AMR
Default bit rate
4 detection areas with individual sensitivity
3 email addresses
FTP server address and login settings
Schedule by day or time
Inputs 1, motion detection
Outputs 1, messaging, email, FTP
User rights list to view video and/or control camera functions; Multi-level permissions (Administrator, Operator, and Viewer)
Allow auto-discovery of the camera by other Bonjour devices
RTP and RTSP allow for viewing from any client that supports these protocols, such as 3G phones or QuickTime clients
NTP keeps time of camera in sync with your network
SMTP client allows video clips to be emailed
FTP client facilitates scheduling transfer of images to an FTP server
DDNS facilitates accessing the camera by name, regardless of the camera's IP address
Allows auto-discovery of the camera by other UPnP devices
Allow or disallow access by IP address
Allow for next-generation IP addressing
Increased compatibility with NetBIOS over TCP/IP, SMB, CIFS, etc.
IEEE 802.3af PoE: 48V/0.3A
5.65 x 6.19 x 5.47 in. (143.5 x 157.1 x 139 mm)
1.15 lb (0.68 kg)
External power adapter 12 V DC 1A 110~120V AC/ 60 Hz switching or PoE 48V/0.3A
FCC Part 15C Class B, CE, UL, EMC/EMI Part 15B Class B for U.S.
0° to 115°F (0° to 50°C)
-2° to 130°F (-10° to 60°C)
20% to 85%, noncondensing
0% to 90%, noncondensing
• Cisco Small Business PVC300 Pan Tilt Optical Zoom Internet Camera
• Ceiling mount brackets
• Power supply (12V 1A)
• 6-foot Ethernet cable
• Quick installation guide
• CD including setup wizard and user guide
Minimum Requirements (Camera)
• Wired Ethernet network
• Network adapter with Ethernet network cable and TCP/IP installed per PC
• Switch/router to support multiple connection points
• Internet Explorer version 6 or later with ActiveX support for viewing. (Limited support for Safari and Firefox.)
• 2-GHz Pentium 4, or AMD Athlon Class CPU with 512 MB RAM
• 128-MB AGP video adapter
• Windows XP/Vista required for Installation Wizard
Minimum Video Monitoring System Requirements (4-Camera Viewing)
• CPU - Intel Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz
• RAM - 512 MB
• Motherboard - Intel 945 or 965 chip or above; Intel chipset recommended
• Video card - ATI Radeon 9200, NVIDIA GeForce FX-5200, or Intel 945G/965G or later; ATI recommended
• Ethernet - 100 BASE-T or above; Gigabit LAN recommended
• Hard disk - 80 GB or more
• Operating system - Microsoft Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2, or Microsoft Vista
3-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and 90-day limited software warranty.
Ordering information for the Cisco Small Business Network Storage System
Business Pan Tilt 2.6x Optical Zoom Internet Camera with audio and POE
A Proven Partner for Your Business
When it comes to the technology that keeps your employees, suppliers, and customers securely connected, it has to work. As the leader in networking and communications, Cisco is already helping small businesses around the world work better. And you can rely on us to help your business too.
With Cisco Small Business Solutions, you get the networking and communications technology you need, when and how you need it, so you can get more done in less time. We offer a broad range of small business products, which means that we're ready to be your technology partner-both today and as you grow.
You can work with a local business partner who understands your unique needs and can design, install, and maintain a secure, reliable network that you can afford. A network that's backed by Cisco, customized especially for your needs today, and offers a clear path to tomorrow.
Cisco Small Business Solutions: Technology you can trust to help your business succeed.