Last updated: March 2008
Cisco Systems® announces the end-of-sale and end-of-life dates for Cisco IOS® Software Release 12.2S. This announcement applies only to Release 12.2S, but does not apply to Release 12.2S family releases, such as Releases 12.2SB, 12.2SE, 12.2SG, 12.2SX, and others. Release 12.2S images for the Cisco 7500 Series Routers are not included in this announcement, as the Cisco 7500 Series Router will continue to be supported in Release 12.2S beyond the dates in this bulletin. The last day to order the affected Release 12.2S images is December 12, 2006. Maintenance rebuilds and software fixes will no longer be available via Release 12.2S beyond December 12, 2007. Customers with active service contracts will continue to receive technical support from the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) until December 12, 2011.
Note: Release 12.2S images for the Cisco 7500 Series Router are not included in this announcement, as the Cisco 7500 Series Router will continue to be supported in Release 12.2S beyond the dates in this bulletin. The dates and terms of support in the End-of-Sale and End-of-Life announcement for the Cisco 7500 Series Router take precedence over the dates in this document. Please see the platform product bulletins listed below for more information.
Note: Prior hardware end-of-sale and end-of-life announcements may affect respective Release 12.2S image availability. Hardware end-of-sale and end-of-life dates take precedence over the milestones in this document. Please see the platform product bulletins listed below for more information.
Table 1. End-of-Life Milestones and Dates for Release 12.2S
Table 2. Product Part Numbers Affected by This Announcement
Product Migration Options
Note: When upgrading to a more recent release, certain software images may not be available, hardware may or may not be supported, or memory requirements may have changed. Always consult the Cisco IOS Software Upgrade Planner and Cisco Feature Navigator to verify critical functionality on required platforms.
• Cisco IOS Software Lifecycle Dates: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1838/prod_bulletin0900aecd801eda8a.html
• Cisco IOS Software Upgrade Planner: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Iosplanner/Planner-tool/iosplanner.cgi
• Cisco Feature Navigator: http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp
• Cisco Software Advisor: http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHome.do
• Cisco IOS Software Releases: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/releases/
• Cisco End-of-Life Policy: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_end-of-life_policy.html
• Subscribe to receive End-of-Life/End-of-Sale information: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/FieldNoticeTool/field-notice