How Cisco Unified CRM Connector for Salesforce Works
• When agents start Salesforce on their desktop, the Salesforce CRM Adapter also starts and logs the agent into the Cisco Unified Contact Center or the automatic call distributor (ACD) through Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management using agent settings stored in Salesforce.
• Agents use the softphone to prepare for a call. The ready request is passed through the CRM adapter and the Cisco Unified CRM Connector to Cisco Unified Contact Center (or Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management).
• A call comes in to Cisco Unified Contact Center or Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management and the Cisco Unified CRM Connector monitors call events, capturing call information, events, and agent state.
• The Cisco Unified Contact Center or Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management directs the call to the Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal to collect data such as account number or specific business information such as catalog item to be purchased, service requests, orders, quotes, etc. This information is added to the call as call-attached data and is captured by the CRM Connector for use in the screen pop.
• One of the following takes place:
– Cisco Unified Contact Center routes and queues the call for the target agent group.
– The older ACD routes and queues the call for the target agent groups with assistance from Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management.
• Cisco Unified Contact Center or Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management selects an agent, routes the call to the agent, and sends call data through Cisco Unified CRM Connector to salesforce through the Salesforce CRM Adapter. When the call is delivered to the available agent, it rings on the agent's phone and the Cisco Unified CRM Connector tracks the call and delivers the call information and alerting event through the Salesforce CRM Adapter to the agent's softphone.
• The Salesforce softphone alerts the agent of the incoming call and activates its "Answer" button. At the same time, Salesforce executes a screen pop using the call-attached data provided through the adapter.
• The agent clicks on the softphone "Answer" button. This action answers the call, passing the command back through the Salesforce CRM Adapter, and through the Cisco Unified CRM Connector to Cisco Unified Contact Center or Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management, which answers the call.
• The agent can now navigate the contact information in Salesforce from the screen pop record and control the phone transparently from within the Salesforce browser.
• The agent modifies call data, including wrap-up, in the Salesforce screen.
• The agent or caller terminates the call; call data is sent back to Salesforce and to Cisco Unified Contact Center or Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management.
Features and Benefits
• Improved efficiency and cost savings: Cisco Unified CRM Connector for Salesforce can reduce call time, speed resolutions, and allow for faster call processing. You can shorten the total time agents spend on inbound calls by as much as 20 seconds every call by providing customer information to an agent's desktop at the same time a customer call arrives. Depending on the number of agents, this cost savings alone can provide a rapid return on investment (ROI). In addition, quick resolution of customer concerns is possible, because agents can now use the historical information in Salesforce to shorten call hold times and quickly address the customer's concern when they pick up the call. Finally, simple on-screen click-to-talk capabilities are integrated in the Salesforce screen, allowing agents to manage inbound calls faster and initiate outbound calls quickly. These improved efficiencies add to the overall cost savings in the contact center and translate to your company's profitability - positively affecting your ROI.
• Enhanced customer experiences: Cisco Unified CRM Connector helps agents get a full view of the customer's information from multiple contacts. Providing an exceptional customer experience is now possible because agent access to all of this information allows for a more personal interaction, quickly and efficiently providing accurate information for faster handling of customer concerns without the need for repeated calls. Companies deploying Cisco Unified CRM Connector for Salesforce can differentiate themselves from the competition by improved customer satisfaction.
• Increased revenue: Integration of call centers with Salesforce CRM information is the key to increased revenue by enabling every employee to become a sales representative for the company. Even customer service representatives can now be empowered to suggest cross-selling products, and the inbound sales representatives also can improve up-sell rates with the wealth of information that is quickly presented on their screens, including sales data and detailed business information. In addition, outbound campaigns can use the CRM integration to improve revenue by giving agents customer information upon call connection, helping the agent identify the customer and customize the interaction.
• Proven integration solution: Cisco Unified CRM Connector for Salesforce is a proven, certified product for integrating Salesforce with Cisco Contact Center solutions - assuring companies of an efficient implementation and a lower total cost of ownership.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco Unified CRM Connector for Salesforce
For More Information