As video and telepresence become core business collaboration tools for many organizations large and small, the demand for efficient means of scaling call and conferencing services tuned to deliver business-quality video services is growing. As businesses have expanded their collaboration strategy to include visual collaboration to enhance business communication across their organizations and ecosystems, they have identified video infrastructure as one of the leading technologies for cloud deployment.
In order to have an efficient cloud service model, service providers need to have a scalable media solution to enable videoconferencing and secure intercompany services in a per-subscriber model from the cloud. Cisco TelePresence® Exchange solutions can significantly enhance and scale your customers’ pervasive video deployments and open an expanded revenue stream. These solutions can now be deployed many ways, including as part of an integrated portfolio of collaboration services from the cloud with Cisco® Hosted Collaboration Solution with TelePresence Exchange.
The Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) for Cisco TelePresence Exchange solution integrates a shared multitenant media solution for video to enable rendezvous conferencing for secure business-to-business services for video and telepresence. This solution enables partners to extend their hosted unified communications service portfolios to include telepresence as a service.
The integration of the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution with the Cisco TelePresence Exchange System in a single carrier-class architecture builds upon the HCS =modular approach to adding additional collaboration applications while scaling and optimizing shared infrastructure and routing for capital and operational efficiency.
With Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution with Cisco TelePresence Exchange, you can:
● Extend your collaboration portfolio and revenue opportunity to include video and telepresence services
● Create a unified user experience for cloud collaboration including a common directory for voice and videoendpoints
● Reduce total solution capital expenditures (CapEx) and optimize call routing by using the same unified callmanager architecture to support unified communications and video services
● Easily scale costly media resources for video and telepresence with a shared multitenant solution
● Enhance service creation for telepresence as a service with simplified management and coordination of media resources, configurable service levels, and open application programming interface (API) for further service customization
● Reach expanded video communities with an open architecture that supports interoperability with traditional video environments and across network and endpoint types
● Anytime rendezvous multipoint meetings
● Secure business-to-business collaboration
● Hosted video endpoint support with one button to push (OBTP)
● Multitenant solution for visual collaboration
● Interoperability with standards-based telepresence and video endpoints for room, personal, and desktopdeployments
● Resource management and policy support for best-effort or guaranteed service levels
● Encrypted communication
● High-availability options
● Multiregion support
Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution with Cisco TelePresence Exchange is part of a broader collaboration-as-a-service offering that is designed to give our customers the full spectrum of deployment options to grow and scale their businesses. Cisco’s scalable open architecture and shared media services for video and telepresence provide a compelling option to deliver telepresence as a service as part of a bundled collaboration portfolio.
For More Information
For more information, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/ctx or contact your local Cisco account representative.