• The software performs real-time media conversion from a broad range of input formats into the formats required by a diversity of destination endpoints, including Cisco TelePresence™, video conferencing, and unified communication platforms.
• In addition to two-way live interactive media transformation, the Cisco MXE Media Processing Platform Software also addresses content sharing by allowing users to easily share content such as PowerPoint presentations, across different video endpoints.
• In tandem with Cisco TelePresence™ Content Server (TCS), the Cisco MXE Media Processing Platform Software allows users to easily record and stream live meetings between a diverse set of endpoints.
• Its software converts codec, bit rate, frame rate, resolution, and aspect ratios, and performs intelligent scaling to maintain high quality regardless of input or output devices.
• Industry-standard interfaces for media transport, call signaling, and network management ease integration with existing applications and infrastructure.
• The modular software design capitalizes on the Cisco Media Experience Engine (MXE) 5600 series hardware design to provide for flexible, scalable configurations while maintaining high performance.
• The extensible architecture allows future enhancements and evolution to support new features and hardware.
Features and Benefits
• Support for diverse video conferencing endpoints:
• Integration with unified communication platforms:
• Content sharing across diverse endpoints:
• Third party integration
Most large organizations deal with heterogeneous telepresence and video conferencing endpoints, which commonly results in several islands of communications due to incompatibility issues. The Cisco MXE Media Processing Platform Software bridges the gap between these islands by allowing the Cisco TelePresence™ systems to connect easily across diverse set of third party video conferencing systems.
• Support for broad range of codecs and formats: The Cisco MXE Media Processing Platform Software supports a broad range of media codecs (video, audio, and encapsulation formats), allowing real-time conversion among different standards, depending on the use case and the requirements of the source and destination endpoints.
• Automatic detection of endpoint capabilities: In many cases, the Cisco MXE Media Processing software can determine the media requirements (format, codec, bit rate, frame rate, etc.) of a given endpoint, without the user having to manually specify this information. In case a user wants to configure more granular control of bandwidth the Cisco MXE Media Processing Platform Software also supports asymmetric transmit rates at both session and stream levels
• Network-accessible from anywhere: As a network-based system, the capabilities provided by the Cisco Media Processing Platform Software can be accessed by endpoints and applications anywhere in the network.
• Adaptability to many applications: The Cisco MXE Media Processing Platform Software support for interactive multimedia and signaling standards allows you to use the system in a broad range of applications and use cases.
High Performance and Scalability
• Real-time video processing: Using the state-of-the-art digital-signal-processing (DSP) technologies of the Cisco MXE 5000 series hardware, the Cisco MXE Media Processing Platform Software performs real-time processing of media, introducing negligible latency and thereby maintaining the quality of your experience even in live two-way communications and collaboration use cases.
• Network bandwidth optimization: The Cisco MXE Media Processing Platform Software can convert high-bandwidth media to lower-bit rate formats, conserving network resources while maintaining high quality.
• The Cisco MXE Media Processing Platform Software supports up to three Media Processing Modules that can handle 45 concurrent calls (90 ports)
• Support for broad range of media formats: The media-processing capabilities of the software support a broad range of media codecs and formats, complying with industry standards to simplify interoperability with a range of systems and endpoints.
• Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) signaling: SIP signaling allows you to use the Cisco MXE 5600 to extend your existing communications infrastructure (for example, Cisco Unified Communications Manager) to support new video-enabled collaboration capabilities.
• The operations, administration, and management (OA&M) subsystem supports the core fault, configuration, accounting, performance, and security (FCAPS) management functions.
• Easy-to-use command-line interface (CLI): The Cisco MXE Media Processing Platform Software provides a CLI to ease the process of configuring, deploying, and upgrading Cisco MXE 5000 series systems.
• Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) management: Support for SNMP v3, v2, and v1 and a range of standard and Cisco product specific MIBs allow you to manage the Cisco MXE 5000 series systems with the existing network management infrastructure.
• Cisco Discovery Protocol: The Cisco MXE Media Processing Platform Software advertises its capabilities on the network with Cisco Discovery Protocol, streamlining system configuration tasks.
• Secure administrator access is through the Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol; administrators can access information about user management and access profiles. Real-Time Control Protocol (RTCP) (Transport Layer Security [TLS]) control information, HTTP traffic (HTTPS), and SIP signaling (TLS) are all encrypted
Note: Product features are subject to change. An updated data sheet showing actual features will be released after first customer shipment.
Table 1. Product Specifications*
Supported Hardware Components
• Cisco MXE 5600 8-slot chassis
• Cisco MXE 5600 Network Processing Module
• Cisco MXE 5600 Media Processing Module
• Cisco MXE 5600 Shelf Manager Module
For More Information