Cisco Systems IP Phone Services bring the power of the World Wide Web to Cisco IP Phones. An integral part of a Cisco AVVID (Architecture for Voice, Video and Integrated Data) solution, IP Phone Services provide access to intelligent network applications and dynamic and interactive communication tools.
• Conference room scheduler
• E-mail and voice-mail messages list
• Daily and weekly schedule and appointments
• Personal address book entries
• Weather reports
• Stock information
• Company news
• Flight status
• Transit schedules
• LDAP Search-provides a COM server object that performs queries on any LDAP-compliant directory server and returns the output in the Cisco IP Phones Services XML data format. LDAP Search enables you to search by:
– Full name
– First name
– Last name
– Phone number
– LDAP distinguished name (DN)
– LDAP relative distinguished name (RDN)
• Proxy Server Web Content Retriever (CiscoURLProxy)-provides a COM object that retrieves Web documents from a proxy server for processing by the application.
• Graphics Conversion Tools-includes the Dynamic Graphics Image Converter (CIPX), Commercial Graphics Package Plug-ins, and Image Viewer.
– Dynamic Graphics Image Converter (CIPX)-provides a COM server object, which dynamically translates various types of graphic image formats, including GIF, BMP, JPG, and PNG, to the Cisco IP Phone (CIP) format for display on the Cisco IP Phones 7940 or 7960.
– Commercial Graphics Package Plug-Ins-enable you to manually modify graphics images using commercial graphics editing packages and save the files in the Cisco IP Phone format. Adobe PhotoShop and Paint Shop Pro are supported.
– ImageViewer-provides a Windows application that enables you to view .cip graphic files on your desktop.
• Calendar-provides a graphical representation of the Gregorian monthly calendar on the Cisco IP Phone 7940 or 7960 LCD. It displays a single month at a time, allowing access to the previous and next months, and user-requested months, from the keypad.
• Stock quote-enables you to input stock ticker symbols from the keypad. Information on the current performance of the requested stock is displayed on the LCD of the Cisco IP Phone 7940 or 7960.
• Speed dials-enables you to increase the number of speed dials on your IP Phone using the services button.
• Graphics image converter-uses the CipX ActiveX library in the SDK for converting graphics images to or from the supported formats, which include CIP, GIF, BMP, JPG, and PNG.
• LDAP Search COM Server-enables you to retrieve information from a LDAP directory server and send it in the correct XML format to the Cisco IP Phone 7940 or 7960.
• "Cisco IP Phone Services Application Development Notes" describe how to develop and deploy new services. These notes are also a reference guide for the supported XML tags.
• Programming guides for the included ActiveX components document all the properties and methods of these components. Code samples demonstrate how to use the components.
• Cisco IP Phone 7940 or 7960 with Cisco CallManager 3.05 software or later
• Microsoft IIS 4.0 (for most of the sample applications)
• Window Scripting Host (for graphic image converter application)
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON CISCO PRODUCTS