Cisco® Unified Communications Solutions unify voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks, delivering a media-rich collaboration experience across business, government agency, and institutional workspaces. These applications use the network as the platform to enhance comparative advantage by accelerating decision time and reducing transaction time. The security, resilience, and scalability of the network help users in any workspace to easily connect every time, everywhere, using any media, device, or operating system. Cisco Unified Communications is part of a comprehensive solution that includes network infrastructure, security, wireless, management applications, lifecycle services, flexible deployment and outsourced management options, and third-party applications.
Figure 1. Cisco IP Communicator
Cisco IP Communicator Features
• Eight line keys: These keys provide telephone lines and direct access to telephony features.
• Five softkeys: These keys dynamically give you call-feature options.
• Messages: This key provides direct access to your voicemail messages.
• Directories: Cisco IP Communicator identifies incoming messages and categorizes them on the screen, allowing you to return calls quickly and effectively using direct dial-back capability. The corporate directory integrates with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol Version 3 (LDAP3) standard directory.
• Settings: This key allows you to select from a large number of ringer sounds and background images.
• Services: Cisco IP Communicator allows you to quickly access diverse information such as weather, stocks, quote of the day, or any other Web-based information. The phone uses XML to provide a portal to an ever-growing world of features and information.
• Help: The online Help feature gives you information about the phone keys, buttons, and features.
Cisco IP Communicator Modes
• Headset mode: In this mode, Cisco IP Communicator offers the highest-quality voice-communications capabilities.
• Handset mode: Cisco IP Communicator interoperates with third-party universal-serial-bus (USB) telephony handsets.
• Speakerphone mode: Cisco IP Communicator converts a computer into a full-duplex, hands-free speakerphone.
• Support of multiple lines or directory numbers
• Configurable speed dials
• Calling name and number display
• Call Waiting
• Call Forward
• Call Transfer
• Three Way Calling (conference)
• Call Pickup
• Call Hold
• Call Back
• Extension Mobility
• Audio tuning wizard
• Adaptive jitter buffer
• Echo cancellation and noise suppression
• Voice activity detection
• Packet-loss concealment
• Automatic gain control
• Windows generic quality-of-service (GQoS) support
• IP Precedence (differentiated services code point [DSCP]) audio priority
Additional Cisco IP Communicator Features
• More than 24 user-adjustable ring tones
• Auto-detection of Cisco VPN Client
• Automated support for most VPN clients (including Microsoft Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol [PPTP] client)
• Signaling authentication through transport layer security (TLS) when using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 4.1(3) SR4 or later
• Interoperability with Cisco Unified Video Advantage 2.0 or later for desktop video calls
• USB Human Interface Device (HID) support: Based on telephony device page (0x0B) supporting key-pad, hook-switch, and mute functions*
• Drag-and-drop dialing
• Copy-and-paste dialing
• Alphanumeric translation
• Nonintrusive call notification
• Keyboard shortcuts
• Non-MAC-based device name for easy PC refreshes (requires Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.0 or later)
• Language support: English (United States)
Multiple Display Options
Figure 2. Cisco IP Communicator Display Options
• G.711a, G.711ų, G.729a, and G.729ab audio codecs
• Software updates supported using Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) or HTTP
• Provisioning of network parameters through Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
Minimum Computer Requirements for Use with Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP
• Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 4) or Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2)
• Pentium P4 1.0 GHz or equivalent (Pentium P4 1.5 GHz or higher recommended)
• 1 GB RAM
• 100-MB free disk space
• Non-ISA full-duplex sound card (integrated or PCI-based) or USB sound device
• 800 x 600 x 16-bit screen resolution; 1024 x 768 x 16-bit or better recommended
• 128-kbps network connection
Minimum Computer Requirements for Use with Microsoft Vista Operating System
Microsoft Windows Vista:
• Performance scores of 3 or higher
– Hardware in computers running Microsoft Vista and Cisco IP Communicator using Cisco Unified Video Advantage must have a base score of 3 or higher. Run the performance tool by choosing Start > Control Panel and clicking Performance and Rating
– The subscores for Memory (RAM), Graphics, and Gaming Graphics must be 3 or higher.
Note: Cisco IP Communicator supports x86-based processors running a 32-bit OS; 64-bit OSs are not supported.
• Disk space:200 MB free disk space
• Memory: 1 GB RAM (see the software row in this table for the supported Vista OSs)
• A non-ISA full-duplex sound card (integrated or PCI-based) or USB sound device
• A 10/100 Mbps Ethernet network interface card
• SVGA video card
• 800 x 600 x16-bit screen resolution (1024 x 768 x 16-bit or better recommended)
• Cisco Unified Video Advantage 2.0 or later to enable video telephony
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.1(3) SR4 and later versions
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.0 and later versions when using Cisco IP Communicator with SIP call-control protocol
• Cisco CallManager Express 3.3 using Cisco IOS® Software 12.4 Mainline
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 4.0 and later versions when using Cisco IP Communicator with Cisco Unified Video Advantage
• Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony 3.3 with mainline or 4.0 and later versions (SCCP only)
Table 1. Table 1. Ordering Information for Cisco IP Communicator and Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Cisco IP Communicator Software
Station User License for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.x
Station User License for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
Note: Not all features are supported with all versions of Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Please refer to your Cisco Unified Communications Manager release notes for more information about supported features.
Cisco Unified Communications Services