What You Will Learn
• Build competitive differentiation through new services for customers
• Reduce costs with new, more efficient processes
• Grow the company by forming new strategic alliances
Figure 1. Cisco Smart Desk Phone: The Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX600 Series (Cisco DX650 Pictured)
How We Work Is Evolving
• Resolve problems more efficiently
• Generate long-term relationships
• Create opportunities to innovate
• Virtual meetings more effective
• Virtual teams more productive
• Virtual expertise more accessible
• Executives want video for better work-life balance.
• Managers want it to be able to see their direct reports.
• Multicultural organizations want it to foster the trust and improved communication that comes with the ability to read the body language of remote team members.
A New Desktop Collaboration Experience for a New Era in Business Communications
Figure 2. Attending Virtual Meetings Is as Easy as Making a Phone Call with the Cisco DX650 Endpoint
• High-definition (up to 1080p at 30 frames per second [fps] personal desktop video with Cisco Unified IP Phones, Cisco TelePresence® System EX Series and room systems, and Cisco Jabber™ interoperability
• Out-of-the-box, integrated access to Cisco Collaboration applications, such as Cisco WebEx® meeting applications for real-time web conferencing and the Cisco Jabber messaging platform for presence and instant messaging (IM), along with the comprehensive suite of features from Cisco Unified Communications (Figure 3)
• Personalization and customization options made possible by the Android Operating System, an open development platform
• Tighter integration with personal mobile devices, enabling sharing of contacts lists and call histories, and even moving active calls from the smartphone to the Cisco DX650 Smart Desk Phone when at the desk
Figure 3. The Cisco DX600 Series Delivers Easy Access to a Wide Range of Platform Services
Figure 4. The Cisco DX650 IP Endpoint Uniquely Blends Business Communications with Consumer Device Experiences
• Contact Badges: You can drag favorite and frequent contacts from the directory to your personalized home screen. Then, with a simple touch, you can instantly reach the contacts you need by multimodal (voice, video, email, and instant messaging) communications using the Contact Badges feature (Figure 5).
• Mobile contacts and call history sharing: Bringing the worlds of personal mobile devices, such as smartphones, closer together with Cisco Smart Desk Phones, the Cisco DX650 enables you to share contacts and call histories, in addition to transferring active calls from your mobile device to your DX650, when at the desk through Bluetooth, for added convenience and enhanced productivity. This is accomplished using Cisco's Intelligent Proximity capabilities.
• Single Number Reach: All inbound callers, including colleagues, customers, partners, or suppliers, can be given one number to reach you. Whether at a desk using the DX650 or when traveling and using personal mobile devices, you can be reached easily.
• Multiuser login: The DX650 also supports different user profiles from the same endpoint8. You can access your personal contact lists call logs, and more. This capability makes the DX650 ideal for shared workspace environments such as nurse stations, retail banking, and customer care centers (Figure 6).
Figure 5. Contact Badges Accelerate Communications
Figure 6. The Cisco DX650 Can Support Multiuser Profiles
• Make video calls as easily as voice calls: Touch-screen navigation simplifies audio, video, and web conferencing.
• Bring team members together effortlessly: Customize home screens with "favorite contacts", presented as visual tiles, or other Android application widgets.
• Communicate with clarity: Use the wideband audio handset, speakerphone, or headset (Bluetooth or USB) for high-fidelity voice communications. Use the built-in high-definition (HD) video camera or an approved USB webcam, such as Logitech's C920-C, for exceptional HD video communications.
• Videoconference with all your contacts: Interoperability with H.264 standards-based video endpoints means you can have videoconferences with:
– Cisco TelePresence personal desktop video endpoints and room systems
– Cisco Unified IP Phones that support video, such as the Cisco Unified IP Phone 8900 and 9900 Series endpoints
– PCs or consumer mobile devices using Cisco WebEx and video-enabled Cisco Jabber applications
– Other users on Cisco DX650 endpoints
– Third-party endpoints supporting the H.264 AVC video standard
• Multitask with ease: Support for dual independent displays (Figure 7) lets you multitask with different application content presented on an adjacent, optional LCD monitor. For example, you can send a colleague an instant message with the Cisco Jabber messaging integration platform while sharing content in a Cisco WebEx Meeting Center conference. You also can "mirror" content on both displays (that is, you can display the same content on both the DX650 display and on the adjacent LCD monitor). The LCD monitor is connected to the DX650 through a High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) port for high-resolution performance with up to 1920 x 1200 pixels resolution9.
• Instantly access social media: Easily monitor business conversations and view streamed video on corporate and personal social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
• Share contacts and call histories from your personal mobile device to the DX650, through Bluetooth, for added convenience and increased productivity with Cisco's Intelligent Proximity.
Figure 7. Cisco DX650 Smart Desk Endpoint Is the Only Android Desktop Device That Supports Dual Independent Displays
Simplify Collaboration and Transform Workflows
• Easily schedule and join audio and videoconferences
• Start an individual or group chat with WebEx® meeting participants
• Share videos and view shared documents in real time to accelerate decision making
Figure 8. Cisco Jabber Integration Allows You to Connect with Subject-Matter Experts Instantly
• Initiate voice and video calls from the phone dialer (Figure 9)
• View a colleague's presence status from email received in your inbox
• Escalate a Jabber® IM conversation into a WebEx meeting
• Schedule and start WebEx meetings directly from your calendar
• View screen sharing with live annotations on the DX600 Series display or in dual-independent-displays mode
Figure 9. You Can Initiate Calls Directly from the Dialpad and by Touch with the Phone Dialer
• Accelerate sales, product, and decision cycles
• Differentiate services and enhance customer satisfaction
• Achieve sustainable competitive advantage
Reach for the Cloud
Figure 10. With Support for Cloud Applications and Services, the Cisco DX650 Can Further Enhance ROI
Flexibly Meet the Collaborative Needs of a Wide Variety of Users
• Senior and midlevel executives
• Information workers
• Task workers within shared workspaces, such as contact center agents, bank tellers, and nurses
Figure 11. The Cisco DX650 Can Help You Empower Some of Your Most Important People
• Irene, Supply Chain Manager: Primary communications for this information worker are with partners and suppliers. Irene quickly coordinates virtual meetings with impromptu and on-demand collaboration capabilities such as video and web conferencing, IM, and presence. With HD video communications, Irene can forge tighter relationships with key suppliers and eliminate misunderstandings on critical sourcing discussions. She also uses social networking tools for brainstorming with strategic partners to help grow the business and streamline operations.
• Dave, IT Director: Interactions for this midlevel executive commonly occur with colleagues. Dave uses desktop video for project kick-off meetings, discussions about major concerns, and crisis management. High-quality audio and video helps speed decision making and establish good relationships with direct reports - even if they are located in a different country. Dave regularly uses the integrated presence to identify, locate, and instantly connect with experts, because it speeds time to problem resolution.
• Sally, VP Sales: This senior executive collaborates primarily with customers and colleagues. High-quality audio and video communications help her better handle tactical, day-to-day, and strategic meetings because she can respond to both visual and audio cues. She uses integrated presence and IM to locate experts quickly and invite them into video calls. These more effective "in-person" communications also help her resolve problems more efficiently and capitalize on opportunities to sell additional products and services.
• Reena, Contact Center Representative: This task worker shares her workspace with other contact center representatives. Collaborative care helps Reena quickly resolve customer concerns. She uses powerful, customizable collaborative care applications, such as the Cisco Finesse® next-generation agent and supervisor desktop from the cloud, which gives her the information and resources she needs to handle urgent requests from important customers. Virtualized applications such as Cisco Social Miner enable Reena to proactively respond to prospective and existing customers through the social media channels they use. These and other collaborative tools help increase customer satisfaction and retention.
Collaborate with the Best
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager is the most widely deployed unified communications platform with more than 100 million connected devices deployed worldwide. Cisco has been named a leader in Gartner's 2012 Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications.
• Ninety-five percent of the Fortune 500 use Cisco Collaboration solutions.
• Cisco has shipped up to five times more IP phones than its nearest competitor.