Q. What is Cisco
® Unified Service Statistics Manager (USSM)?
A. Cisco USSM is part of the Cisco Prime
™ Unified Communications (UC) Management Suite and provides advanced statistics analysis and reporting capabilities for Cisco Unified Communications deployments. Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager is an easy-to-use web-based software product that features a variety of advanced reports for executive, operations, and capacity planning functions. Cisco USSM provides both predefined reports as well as customizable reports that provide visibility into key aspects including call volume, service availability, call quality, resource utilization, and capacity across the Cisco Unified Communications deployment, including across multiple Cisco Communications Manager clusters, gateways, and related devices and systems. It allows users to view information based on network, service, business, and user criteria and to define service-level agreement (SLA) constructs as well as measure and verify them based on collected Unified Communications statistics. Customizable report templates and automatic report invocation and scheduling provide users with a great deal of flexibility.
Q. What are the key types of reports provided by Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager?
A. Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager provides a variety of reports for Cisco Unified Communications deployments for executive, operations, and capacity planning personnel. These include:
• Call volume, call duration, service availability, service quality, call completion, and mean opinion score (MOS) reports across multiple Cisco Communications Manager clusters, with the capability to navigate to specific clusters and time periods
• A variety of top-N reports based on calls, users, endpoints, and other entities in the Cisco Unified Communications deployment
• Gateway and trunk traffic and utilization reports over time, with capacity trending and navigation capabilities
• Call failure analysis reports over time, with the ability to navigate to the cause code
• Top-N upgrade and downgrade candidate reports for capacity planning and trending
• IP phone and inventory reports
• IP telephony testing reports, including IP SLA test results over time
• A variety of exception and operations reports, including most frequently dialed numbers, N longest calls, and calls to specified number, among others
• A variety of SLA reports, including SLA capacity trends, SLA compliance history, SLA executive summary, SLA health summary, and others
Q. What is Cisco Prime?
A. Cisco Prime for Enterprise is an innovative strategy and portfolio of management products that empower IT departments to more effectively manage their networks and the services they deliver. Cisco Prime is built upon a network services management foundation and a set of common attributes. It delivers an intuitive workflow-oriented user experience across Cisco architectures, technologies, and networks. Cisco Prime simplifies network management, improves operations efficiency, reduces errors, and makes the delivery of network services more predictable.
Q. Is USSM a Cisco Prime product?
A. No, USSM is not a part of the Cisco Prime initiative. USSM is compatible with Cisco Prime UOM and Cisco Prime USM at an interface level and will work well in the network. The work to bring USSM up to the Cisco Prime level is being planned and will be announced in a future version.
Q. What is new in Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager 8.7?
A. New features in Cisco USSM 8.7 include:
• USSM 8.7 is a maintenance release that includes defect fixes. Please see the release notes for a list of defects addressed in USSM 8.7.
• USSM 8.7 is compatible with Cisco Prime Unified Operations Manager 8.7 and Cisco Prime Unified Service Monitor 8.7.
• The USSM 8.7 base software image (R-USSM-8.7-K9=) contains the USSM 8.6 image bundled with a patch to activate the 8.7 support. When obtaining USSM 8.7 from Electronic Software Delivery (ESD) or Cisco.com software download, please retrieve both the 8.6 image and the patch.
Q. How does Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager relate to Cisco Prime Unified Operations Manager and Cisco Prime Unified Service Monitor?
A. Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager integrates with Cisco Prime Unified Operations Manager and Cisco Prime Unified Service Monitor and uses the statistics and data collected by these applications. Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager utilizes operational, troubleshooting, usage, and call detail data from these two products and generates a variety of reports based on analysis and trending of the data. Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager does not communicate to any of the UC devices or servers in the network.
Q. Do I need to deploy Cisco Prime Unified Operations Manager and Cisco Prime Unified Service Monitor to use USSM?
A. Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager reports depend on data from Cisco Prime Unified Operations Manager and Cisco Prime Unified Service Monitor. For a complete view of the network status and quality, both UOM and USM should be installed; however, one or the other can provide partial USSM statistics on its own.
For more information
For more information about Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager 8.7, please visit
http://www.cisco.com/go/cussm or contact your local account representative.