End-to-End, Unified Management for the Mobile Internet
Features and Benefits
• Outstanding operational scale: Significantly increase the scale of operations through integrated operator workflows for managing the Unified Radio Access Network (RAN) backhaul network and Long Term Evolution (LTE) Evolved Packet Core (EPC) (see Figure 1).
• Improved mobile customer experience: Delight customers through centralized network visibility and proactive service assurance.
• Lower total cost of ownership: Lower costs through preintegrated network management software components that significantly reduce time and resources required for integration.
Figure 1. Cisco Prime for Mobility Helps Enable Outstanding Operational Scale and Mobile Service Assurance
From the Cell Site to the Evolved Packet Core - Scalable, End-to-End Mobile Network Management
• Integrated operator workflows across the RAN backhaul and EPC with centralized monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Deep visibility into the mobile network with centralized fault monitoring and rapid fault isolation.
• Integration with Cisco InTracer, a powerful tool that provides critical and real-time session, application, and network information by using the high-performance data-collection capabilities of the Cisco ASR 5000 platform.
• Flexible and modular architecture that drastically reduces time and resources required for integration. Cisco Prime for Mobility consists of preintegrated software components that facilitate highly efficient management of the mobile network. It also supports standards-based northbound interfaces (NBIs) that simplify integration with OSS/BSS and other third-party applications.
• Single solution supporting management of both legacy time-division multiplexing/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (TDM/SDH) and IP RAN backhaul to help ease network transitions.
Components of Cisco Prime for Mobility Solution
• Cisco Prime Central: Offers a common user management interface for all components of the Cisco Prime for Mobility solution. It provides a single view of integrated operator workflows across the RAN backhaul and EPC, and centralized monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities, for efficient delivery and management of third-generation (3G) and LTE/fourth-generation (LTE/4G) services.
• Cisco Prime Provisioning: Automates resource management and provides rapid, profile-based provisioning for IP RAN backhaul. It provides powerful work-flow-based diagnostic tools for service validation and troubleshooting.
• Cisco Prime Performance Manager: Provides fast, actionable information, including detailed network and traffic statistics, for both Cisco and multivendor devices. It supports both custom reports and more than 4500 prepackaged reports that are easily extensible.
• Cisco Prime Optical: Provides GUI-based TDM circuit provisioning and fault, performance, and configuration management for the optical domain, supporting Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS) and ONS multiservice platforms.
• Cisco Prime Network: Provides fault monitoring and isolation for RAN backhaul and EPC, as well as topology-guided troubleshooting for RAN backhaul. Capabilities include virtual connectivity discovery, root-cause identification, and alarm reduction through topology-based correlation and de-duplication.
Services and Support
About Cisco Prime
For More Information