End-to-End, Unified Management for the Mobile Internet.
You’ve seen the headlines in the business and trade press - new devices are proliferating, and so are rich-media applications and increasing numbers of mobile broadband subscribers. New revenue opportunities for mobile operators await you. Yet if you’re like many mobile operators, you have an environment with disparate network management tools that are not integrated. Scaling your operations is a huge challenge. Quality of service (QoS) is at risk. Integrating all of the different tools is cost-prohibitive. What can you do?
Meet Cisco Prime™ for Mobility. Tightly aligned with the Cisco® Mobile Internet architecture, Cisco Prime for Mobility supports a range of world-class Cisco mobility networking solutions, including the Cisco ASR 5000 and ASR 5500 Aggregation Services Router multimedia core services platforms and Cisco Virtualized Packet Core (Cisco vPC). Cisco Prime for Mobility is your answer to a maze of different management point products. It provides highly integrated, scalable, cost-effective, and end-to-end management of the next-generation mobile network. And it has now also been extended to manage data center infrastructure and small-cell networks.
Features and Benefits
● Outstanding operational scale: Significantly increase the scale of operations through unified assurance and management - spanning small-cell networks, cell site, unified Radio Access Network (RAN) backhaul, Long Term Evolution (LTE) Evolved Packet Core (EPC), and the Cisco vPC (Figure 1).
● Improved quality of experience (QoE): Reduce customer attrition through unified network visibility and proactive service assurance that help enhance the QoE.
● Lower total cost of ownership: Lower costs through preintegrated network-management software components that significantly reduce time and resources required for integration.
Figure 1. Cisco Prime for Mobility Enables Outstanding Operational Scale and End-to-End Mobile Service Assurance
From Small Cell to Evolved Packet Core - Scalable, End-to-End Mobile Network Management
The Cisco Prime for Mobility use case is based on an intuitive, workflow-oriented operator experience that provides end-to-end management of the next-generation mobile network.
Key capabilities include:
● Integrated operator workflows across the RAN backhaul and the evolved packet core (EPC) for efficient services lifecycle management of older, third-generation (3G), and LTE/fourth-generation (LTE/4G) services.
● Unified assurance management across the mobile network, including small-cell and Cisco vPC infrastructures.
● Integration with Cisco InTracer, a powerful tool that provides critical and real-time session, application, and network information by using the high-performance data-collection capabilities of the Cisco ASR 5000 platform.
● Flexible and modular architecture that drastically reduces time and resources required for integration. Cisco Prime for Mobility consists of preintegrated software components that facilitate highly efficient management of the mobile network. It also supports standards-based northbound interfaces (NBIs) that simplify integration with OSS/BSS and other third-party applications.
● Single support for management of both traditional time-division multiplexing/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (TDM/SDH) and IP RAN backhaul to help ease network transitions.
Components of Cisco Prime for Mobility Use Case
Cisco Prime for Mobility includes the following:
● Cisco Prime Central: Offers a common user management interface for all components of the Cisco Prime for Mobility use case. By integrating with the Cisco Broadband Access Center for Telco and Wireless (BAC-TW), Cisco Prime Central gives operators a unified view of small-cell access points (APs) and infrastructure, with centralized performance monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities.
● Cisco Prime Provisioning: Automates resource management and provides rapid, profile-based provisioning for IP RAN backhaul that accelerates service deployments.
● Cisco Prime Performance Manager: Provides fast, actionable information, including detailed network and traffic statistics, for both Cisco and multivendor devices. It supports both custom reports and more than 5300 prepackaged reports that are easily extensible.
● Cisco Prime Optical: Provides GUI-based TDM circuit provisioning and fault, performance, and configuration management for the optical domain, supporting Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS) and ONS multiservice platforms.
● Cisco Prime Network: Provides fault monitoring and isolation for RAN backhaul, EPC, and Cisco vPC, as well as topology-guided troubleshooting for RAN backhaul and visibility into the binding between Cisco vPC functions and the underlying data center infrastructure. Capabilities include virtual connectivity discovery, root-cause identification, and alarm reduction through topology-based correlation and de-duplication. Also provides visibility of binding between the Cisco vPC functions and underlying data center infrastructure to improve monitoring and troubleshooting.
Services and Support
Cisco offers a wide range of services programs to accelerate customer success. These innovative services programs are delivered through a unique combination of people, processes, tools, and partners, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction. Cisco services help you to protect your network investment, optimize network operations, and prepare the network for new applications to extend network intelligence and the power of your business. For more information please visit the Cisco Services page on Cisco.com.
About the Cisco Prime Platform
The Cisco Prime portfolio of IT and service provider management offerings empowers organizations to more effectively manage their networks and the services they deliver. Built on a service-centered foundation, the Cisco Prime platform supports integrated lifecycle management through an intuitive workflow-oriented user experience - providing A-to-Z management for evolved programmable networks, mobility, video, cloud, and managed services.
For More Information
For more information on Cisco Prime products for carrier-grade networks, send an email message to: ask‑prime‑email@example.com.