End-to-End, Unified Management for the Mobile Internet
The proliferation of new devices and rich-media applications coupled with an increasing number of mobile broadband subscribers is creating new revenue opportunities for mobile operators. The challenge for many mobile operators, however, is the disparate network management tools that create a noncollaborative environment and limit their scale of operations as well as negatively affect the quality of services (QoS). Furthermore, the high costs associated with integrating these tools are eroding their profitability.
Cisco Prime™ for Mobility helps address these challenges. Tightly aligned with , Cisco Prime for Mobility supports a breadth of Cisco’s world-class mobility networking solutions, including the and multimedia core services platforms.
Features and Benefits
● Outstanding operational scale: Significantly increase the scale of operations through unified assurance and management – spanning small cell networks, cell site, unified radio access network (RAN) backhaul, and (See Figure 1).
● Improved quality of experience (QoE): Reduce customer attrition through unified network visibility and proactive service assurance that help enhance the QoE.
● Lower total cost of ownership: Lower costs through preintegrated network management software components that significantly reduce time and resources required for integration.
From Small Cell to Evolved Packet Core – Scalable, End-to-End Mobile Network Management
The Cisco Prime for Mobility use case is based on a business-centered framework and an intuitive, workflow-oriented operator experience that provides end-to-end management of the next-generation mobile network.
Key capabilities include:
● Integrated operator workflows across the RAN backhaul and EPC for efficient services lifecycle management of legacy, third-generation (3G), and LTE/fourth-generation (LTE/4G) services.
● Unified assurance management across the mobile network, including small cell infrastructures.
● Integration with , a powerful tool that provides critical and real-time session, application, and network information by using the high-performance data-collection capabilities of the Cisco ASR 5000 platform.
● Flexible and modular architecture that drastically reduces time and resources required for integration. Cisco Prime for Mobility consists of preintegrated software components that facilitate highly efficient management of the mobile network. It also supports standards-based northbound interfaces (NBIs) that simplify integration with OSS/BSS and other third-party applications.
● Single support for management of both legacy time-division multiplexing/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (TDM/SDH) and IP RAN backhaul to help ease network transitions.
Components of Cisco Prime for Mobility Use Case
Cisco Prime for Mobility includes the following:
● Cisco Prime Central: Offers a common user management interface for all components of the Cisco Prime for Mobility use case. By integrating with the Cisco Broadband Access Center for Telco and Wireless (BAC-TW), Cisco Prime Central gives operators a unified view of small cell access points (APs) and infrastructure, with centralized performance monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities.
● Cisco Prime Provisioning: Automates resource management and provides rapid, profile-based provisioning for IP RAN backhaul that accelerates service deployments.
● Cisco Prime Performance Manager: Provides fast, actionable information, including detailed network and traffic statistics, for both Cisco and multivendor devices. It supports both custom reports and more than 5300 prepackaged reports that are easily extensible.
● Cisco Prime Optical: Provides GUI-based TDM circuit provisioning and fault, performance, and configuration management for the optical domain, supporting Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS) and ONS multiservice platforms.
● Cisco Prime Network: Provides fault monitoring and isolation for RAN backhaul and EPC, as well as topology-guided troubleshooting for RAN backhaul. Capabilities include virtual connectivity discovery, root‑cause identification, and alarm reduction through topology-based correlation and de-duplication.
Services and Support
Cisco offers a wide range of services programs to accelerate customer success. These innovative services programs are delivered through a unique combination of people, processes, tools, and partners, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction. Cisco services help you to protect your network investment, optimize network operations, and prepare the network for new applications to extend network intelligence and the power of your business. For more information please visit thepage on Cisco.com.
About Cisco Prime
The Cisco Prime portfolio of IT and service provider management offerings empowers organizations to more effectively manage their networks and the services they deliver. Built on a service-centered foundation, Cisco Prime supports integrated lifecycle management through an intuitive workflow-oriented user experience – providing A-to-Z management for evolved programmable networks, mobility, video, cloud, and managed services.
For More Information
For more information on Cisco Prime products for carrier-grade networks, email.