Simplified Assurance for the Cloud
Data centers for cloud computing are becoming increasingly complex to manage as service providers are faced with a growing number of subscribers and applications and with bandwidth-intensive networking. Disparate user interfaces and operational processes as well as static tools that manage the heterogeneous physical and virtual networks have an adverse impact on service quality, application delivery, and network resource utilization. Thesefactors can drive up costs and contribute to poor subscriber experience.
Cisco Prime for Data Center Assurance helps address these challenges by providing single, integrated performance monitoring and fault management. As an integral component of Cisco® Unified Management, this scalable and simplified assurance management solution is tightly aligned with the Cisco Unified Data Center architecture and supports a breadth of premier data center devices and platforms. (See Figure 1)
Features and Benefits
Cisco Prime for Data Center Assurance helps provide the following benefits:
● Comprehensive service assurance and optimized resource management
- Proactive monitoring and management of physical and virtual resources to help meet end-to-end service-level agreements (SLAs)
- Fast and easy access to comprehensive performance reports that help maximize the use of network capacity and resources
● Business agility through scalable and efficient operations
- Centralized access to integrated operator workflows and intelligent, automated management of cross-domains and multitenancy environments
● Lower total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Preintegrated software components with standards-based northbound interface (NBI) for easy integration with third-party applications
- Unified, end-to-end multidomain management—customers who have already deployed the Cisco Prime Carrier Management products to manage the access, aggregation, and core networks can easily make use of their investments by extending to their data centers
Simplified Management of Today’s Highly Dynamic, Virtualized Data Center
Cisco Prime for Data Center Assurance is based on a business-centered framework and an intuitive, workflow-oriented operator experience for simplified management of virtualized data centers. It is optimized for Cisco architectures and complements existing IT systems and tools. Cisco Prime for Data Center Assurance helps provide:
● Infrastructure assurance: Management of physical and virtual devices—servers, network, and storage
● Services assurance: Services lifecycle management and customer impact analysis
● Capacity management: Compute resource optimization and future capacity planning
Components of Cisco Prime for Data Center Assurance
Cisco Prime for Data Center Assurance includes the following:
● Cisco Prime Central: Supports operational integration and efficiency through unified management of multidomains and tenants with centralized mapping of resources to services.
● Cisco Prime Performance Manager: Provides fast, actionable performance metrics for network, storage, and compute to facilitate service assurance and capacity planning. It supports Cisco and multivendor devices, with custom and prepackaged reports that are easily extensible.
● Cisco Prime Network: Offers automated fault management for compute and network (both physical and virtual). Capabilities include virtual connectivity discovery, de-duplication, root-cause identification, and alarm reduction through topology-based correlation.
Services and Support
Cisco offers a wide range of services programs to accelerate customer success. These innovative services programs are delivered through a unique combination of people, processes, tools, and partners, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction. Cisco services help you to protect your network investment, optimize network operations, and prepare the network for new applications to extend network intelligence and the power of your business. For more information please visit the page on Cisco.com.
The Cisco Prime portfolio of IT and service provider management offerings empowers organizations to more effectively manage their networks and the services they deliver. Built on a service-centered foundation, Cisco Prime supports integrated lifecycle management through an intuitive workflow-oriented user experience—providing A-to-Z management for evolved programmable networks, mobility, video, cloud, and managed services.
For more information on Cisco Prime products, please email.