® Application Deployment Engine (ADE) 2120 is a rack mountable standardized platform for Cisco appliance-based applications. Depending on the software packages with which Cisco ADE 2120 is deployed, its configuration can vary. However, all Cisco ADE 2120 platform products share a common base configuration:
• Intel Core2 Duo 2.13GHz processor
• A minimum of 1 gigabyte of Error Correcting Code (ECC) RAM
• Two integrated 10/100/1000T gigabit Ethernet network interface ports
• Two Serial-ATA hard disk drive bays, populated with a minimum of one 250 GB high-duty-cycle drive
• Capability for RAID 0 or 1 support (Note: Requires two drives and configuration/support by the hosted application)
• Rack rails suitable for racking the system in either a 2-post telco-style rack or a 4-post server rack (Note: actual rails included with the appliance will be determined at time of order)
• 1 rack unit (RU) (1.7 in. / 4.3 cm height) form factor, 20.0 in. / 50.8 cm depth
Primary Features and Benefits
Cisco ADE 2120 is a robust computing platform designed to support Cisco appliance-based applications.
Cisco ADE 2120 supports up to 4 GB of memory (Cisco part number CADE-RAM-15EU) with server-grade error correction.
Variable-Speed Fan Support
Cisco ADE 2120 includes variable-speed fans to reduce operating noise. Through the use of temperature sensors within the server, the speed of the fans is adjusted to maintain the proper cooling. This reduces the noise generated by the fans by operating them only when required and at a speed based upon the cooling requirements.
Service and Customer Support
Cisco ADE 2120 platform applications will be supported by and stocked in Cisco global spares depots. Cisco ADE 2120 will offer service plans for the basic SMARTnet
System Diagnostic LEDs
Cisco ADE 2120 provides a bank of system-diagnostic LEDs on the front of the system to assist Cisco support engineers in identifying the system state and any potential issues.
Table 1 lists the specifications for Cisco ADE 2120.
20.0 in. (508 mm) without bezel or mounting hardware
Regulatory Standards Compliance: Safety and EMC
Products with the CE Marking indicate compliance with the 89/336/EEC (replaced by 2004/108/EC effective 20th July 2007) and 2006/95/EC directives
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950
EMC - Emissions
47CFR Part 15 Class A
AS/NZS CISPR22 Class A
CISPR22 Class A
EN55022 Class A
ICES003 Class A
VCCI Class A
KN22 Class A
CNS13438 Class A
Korea if applicable
Taiwan if applicable
EMC - Immunity
KN immunity series
Korea - ITE/TNE
Service and Support
Cisco offers a wide range of services programs to accelerate customer success. These innovative services programs are delivered through a unique combination of people, processes, tools, and partners, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction. Cisco services help you protect your network investment, optimize network operations, and prepare the network for new applications to extend network intelligence and the power of your business. For more information about Cisco services, refer to
Cisco Technical Support Services or
Cisco Advanced Services.