The Cisco® AVS 3180 Management Station is an integral component of the Cisco AVS 3100 Series of application velocity systems. It provides Web-based tools for configuration and application performance monitoring, easing management tasks.
Delivered in an appliance form factor, the Cisco AVS 3180 (Figure 1) addresses the needs of both small- and large-scale Cisco AVS 3100 Series deployments by helping to protect productivity gains and reduce operating costs. It provides a comprehensive solution that ties separate Cisco AVS 3110 and 3120 appliances into a single, secure acceleration and performance monitoring node.
The Cisco AVS 3180 enables customers to deploy application acceleration infrastructures in small and large environments, using the following powerful features:
• Define a common configuration for a cluster of Cisco AVS 3110s and 3120s and enable per-node override of specific configurations
• Easily and automatically replicate configuration data to a cluster of Cisco AVS 3110s and 3120s
• Aggregate application performance data across a cluster of Cisco AVS 3110s and 3120s
• Provide support for multiple URLs and domains, enabling multiple applications to be handled simultaneously
• Provide graphical reports that enable IT personnel to easily quantify Cisco AVS 3110 and 3120-enabled bandwidth usage reductions and throughput
APPSCOPE END-USER PERFORMANCE MONITOR
The Cisco AVS AppScope Monitor (AppScope) is the industry's only agentless, end-to-end application performance measurement solution. The AppScope management client and database run on the Cisco AVS 3180 Management Station appliance. Accordingly, AppScope obtains performance data by polling performance measurement data from one or more Cisco AVS 3110 or 3120 appliances and aggregating that data into a single application view. AppScope performance monitoring provides a lightweight way for organizations to monitor, measure, and report end-user response times from a central location. AppScope measures the true application performance as realized by real end users-nothing is simulated. It breaks down response times into individual components that allow better allocation of IT resources and greatly reduce mean time to repair.
Figure 1. URL Trend Report
Table 1. Cisco 3180 Specifications
Cisco AVS AppScope Monitor performance monitoring client. Both the Cisco AVS 3120 appliance and the Cisco AVS 3180 Management Station are required for AppScope performance monitoring. GUI device management for one or more Cisco AVS 3120 appliances.
Two 200-GB hard disks
One available RJ-25 10/100/1000 autosensing Ethernet port. One additional Ethernet port is inoperable and will be used in future software releases.