Scalable and Cost-Effective Management of the Mobile Network
The Cisco Prime for Mobility solution provides highly scalable and cost-effective management of the next generation mobile network. Tightly aligned with Cisco mobile Internet network architecture, Cisco Prime for Mobility supports a breadth of Cisco world-class mobility networking solutions, including the Cisco ASR 5000 and Cisco ASR 5500 core multimedia services platforms, and Cisco QuantumTM Virtualized Packet Core (Cisco Quantum vPC).
Cisco Prime for Mobility includes the following:
Cisco Prime Central: Gives operators a unified view of small cell access points (APs) and infrastructure by integrating with the Cisco Broadband Access Center for Telco and Wireless (BAC-TW). It provides a single view of integrated operator workflows across the RAN backhaul and Evolved Packet Core (EPC), and centralized monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities, for efficient delivery and management of 3G and LTE/4G services.
Cisco Prime Provisioning: Accelerates mobile service deployments by providing automated resource management and rapid, profile-based provisioning of IP RAN backhaul
Cisco Prime Performance Manager: Provides fast, actionable information for the entire mobile network, including detailed network and traffic statistics, for both Cisco and multivendor devices. It supports both custom reports and more than 5300 prepackaged reports that are easily extensible.
Cisco Prime Optical: Provides circuit provisioning and troubleshooting, performance and configuration management for the optical domain, supporting TDM RAN backhaul
Cisco Prime Network: Provides fault monitoring and isolation for RAN backhaul and EPC, as well as topology-guided troubleshooting for RAN backhaul and visibility into the binding between Cisco Quantum vPC functions and the underlying data center infrastructure. Capabilities include virtual connectivity discovery, root-cause identification, and alarm reduction through topology-based correlation and de-duplication.
Features and Capabilities
- Outstanding operational scale: Increase the scale of operations for high-performance mobile services through integrated operator workflows across the Radio Access Network (RAN) backhaul, Long Term Evolution (LTE) Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and Cisco Quantum vPC
- Improved mobile customer experience: Provide superior mobile service assurance through centralized network visibility and advanced troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Lower total cost of ownership: Lower costs through pre-integrated network management software components that significantly reduce time and resources required for integration
Specifications at a Glance
- Easy to use, web-based GUI
- Configuration, provisioning and fault management for unified RAN backhaul
- Fault management for EPC and Cisco Quantum vPC
- Support for LTE, CDMA, and UMTS services
- Integration with Cisco InTracer, for critical and real-time session, application, and network information
- Standards-based northbound interfaces (NBIs)