Accelerate Multivendor Service Activation
With Cisco Prime Fulfillment Multivendor Service Orchestration (MVSO), service providers can automate and streamline provisioning of Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) services across combined Cisco and Alcatel-Lucent networks. The solution facilitates insertion of Cisco equipment into an Alcatel-Lucent network by reducing integration effort, operational costs, and process changes.
Feature and Capabilities
Cisco Prime Fulfillment MVSO accelerates time to market for new MEF services that span Cisco and Alcatel-Lucent networks. By using a standards-based approach, the solution improves business agility and IT efficiency. At the same time, it preserves and utilizes the service provider's existing infrastructure, network management systems, and service fulfillment processes.
The solution includes reusable service components that allow quick construction of new products and a preassembled E-line service workflow for Cisco and Alcatel-Lucent networks. In addition, adapters for network management systems provide automated integration, and orchestration of multiple service components in response to a single service order helps reduce swivel-chair integration.
A single operational client both visualizes and manages the multivendor network elements and service layers. It offers common service design and assign, along with resource management, across vendor implementations. This promotes operational efficiency and service fulfillment accuracy.
Cisco Prime Fulfillment MVSO provides:
- Consistent service provisioning across Cisco and Alcatel-Lucent networks
- Discovery of services and resources and discrepancy reporting, minimizing order fallout
- Easy and fast solution deployment
- A northbound API for flow-through integration and standards-based models for services and resources
- Field extensibility for both device support and provisioning-related functions
- Accelerated time-to-market for services that span Cisco and Alcatel-Lucent networks
- Reduced order- to-cash times through automation of end-to-end service delivery
- Accelerated time-to-value for new Cisco equipment
- Lower operational expenditures through automation of business processes
- Increased customer satisfaction and lower subscriber churn through reduced errors