|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Enhance Performance Monitoring and Visibility
Cisco Bandwidth Quality Manager (BQM) is a next-generation network application performance management product that provides monitoring visibility, and intelligent bandwidth provisioning which controls latency and loss performance. The control of network latency and loss is a vital ingredient in delivering maximum performance for networked applications. Some of the issues faced by customers include:
- Poor performance in the data center if the network exhibits uncontrolled or intermittently high levels of latency
- Collaborative applications like Cisco TelePresence require consistent delivery of controlled latency and low jitter in the network.
- Algorithmic trading and distributed grid computing require ultra-low levels of network latency and loss (typically less than 5 milliseconds and no packet loss).
As part of the Cisco Network Application Performance Analysis Solution (NAPA) which provides a set of tools and services that help customers quickly isolate application performance problems and optimize their networks to meet performance and cost objectives, Cisco BQM gives users the visibility and understanding to overcome these challenges.
Cisco BQM is now supported on the Application Deployment Engine (ADE) product family which includes 10Gigabit Ethernet support. The Cisco ADE product family is the platform of choice for Cisco network management applications.
Cisco BQM has a broad set of patented and patent-pending features that include:
- Network service with passive end-to-end measurement
- Expected Quality within the routing platforms
- Event analysis with drill down capabilities and culprit identification
- Bandwidth Estimation for achieving service objective
- Traffic insight with deep packet inspection for up to Layer 7
- Quality-based alarms for violations of thresholds