|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
The Cisco family of Application Deployment Engines (ADE) is the platform for many Cisco appliance-based products. Ranging from single-core CPUs and fixed storage to eight processing cores and hot-swap-capable drives, ADE platforms support software performance in any environment.
The ADE product family consists of four tiers:
- ADE 1010: Single-core CPU, two onboard network interface cards (NICs), up to 4GB RAM, and up to two storage devices
- ADE 2120: Dual-core CPU, two onboard NICs, up to 4GB RAM, and up to two storage devices
- ADE 2130: Quad-core CPU, 2 to 4 onboard NICs, up to 16GB RAM, and up to six storage devices
- ADE 2140: Dual, quad-core CPUs, 2 to 4 onboard NICs, up to 16GB RAM, and up to six storage devices
The Cisco ADE family of products reduces the hardware profiles required by Cisco appliances, affording a higher degree of supportability, spare stocking, and reusability.
- Software licenses can be transferred across ADE appliances and redeployed if a given ADE platform has outgrown its performance profile.
- Spare platforms for infrastructures with numerous appliances deployed can be stocked in case of hardware failure, without incurring the additional cost of unnecessary software licenses.