Enjoy ease and flexibility with Smart Software Licensing.
Buy, Activate, and Manage Software with Ease
Cisco's Software Transformation program brings a new flexibility to consuming software, and offers a complete, end-to-end solution that includes software, hardware, and services. Buying, activating, and managing software will be easier and consistent across Cisco's product families. Offers will be standardized for simplified pricing, consistent billing, and licensing mechanisms.
Cisco Software Operations Transformation
How Operations is enabling Cisco for new software markets.Watch Video
Cisco's new software business models include:
- Own up front and purchase software upgrades and support
- Purchase software subscriptions
- Purchase software as a service (Saas) and X as a service (XaaS) - the utility model
- Implement companywide agreements or enterprise license agreements (ELAs)
Simplify Your Software Licenses
Cisco Smart Software Licensing makes it easier to buy, deploy, track, and renew Cisco software by removing today’s entitlement barriers and providing installed-base software information. This is a major change to Cisco’s software strategy, moving away from a PAK-based model to an approach that focuses on flexibility and advanced consumer-based models.
What is Smart Software Licensing?
Get an overview of how Cisco Smart Software Licensing works.Watch Video
With Smart Software Licensing:
- Customers, partners, and Cisco share a view of hardware, software entitlements, and eventually services in the Cisco Smart Software Manager interface
- All Smart Software Licensed products, upon configuration and activation with a single token, will self-register, removing the need to go to a website and register products with PAKs
- Instead of license files (or PAKs), a pool of software licenses or entitlements is used across the company's portfolio in a flexible and automated manner
- Customers self-manage license deployments easily and quickly in the Smart Software Manager
- Visibility into purchased and deployed devices and software
- Answers to the questions, What do I own? and How much am I using?
- Automatic license activation
- Product simplicity with standard software offers, licensing platforms, and policies
- Lower operational costs