Become a Routing and Switching Specialized Partner
Routing and Switching Specialization
|Related certifications: Advanced Routing and Switching Specialization is optional for Cisco Silver Certification.|
The Cisco Routing and Switching Specialization helps your company to:
- Develop sales, technical, and service capabilities for integrated networking solutions
- Increase technical competency within the company
- Be recognized as a Cisco Specialized Partner in the Cisco Partner Locator
The specialization also entitles you to a range of additional benefits. You can:
- Participate in Cisco channel incentive programs
- Receive invitations to Cisco partner events
- Access the Partner Education Connection
- Use My Cisco to personalize web content and get information quickly
- Visit the Design Zone for tested designs and configurations
- Access the Proposal Library for proposal, cover letter, RFx, Q&A, and Executive Summary templates to accelerate sales
There are three required roles for the Advanced Routing and Switching Specialization: Account Manager (AM), Systems Engineer (SE), and Field Engineer (FE).
These roles provide a roadmap with training content and exams that are tailored to pertinent jobs within a company. This page provides information about training format, cost, and duration specifically for each role, as well as additional general training requirements. All costs and duration are approximate and may vary by region.
For country requirements, learn more about Country Groupings. Also, see specialization requirements in a consolidated view
Responsible for sales methodology and customer engagement:
14 hours of required and recommended training for this role.
Exams costs are $80 each
Prerequisite: Format Cost (USD) Duration Cisco Sales Expert (#646-206 CSE) Exam $80 1 hr Requirement(s): Format Cost (USD) Duration Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Cisco Sales Essentials (CSE) v6.0 E-Learning $0 5 hrs (Training for #646-048)
Selling Advanced Routing & Switching v4.0
Smart Service Essentials for AM/SE
Total: $160 14 hrs Role-Sharing Guidelines:
One qualified individual may fill only the AM role in up to four technology specializations.
Presales engineers are responsible for routing and switching solution planning and design:
15.5 hours of required and recommended training for this role.
Exam costs range from $125 to $150
Prerequisite: Format Cost (USD) Duration CCDA associate-level certification
CCDP, CCDE or CCIE
Exam $125 1.5 hrs Requirement(s): Cisco Advanced Routing and Switching Solutions Specialist #644-066 RSSE Exam Details
Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Advanced Routing and Switching Technology v4.0 E-Learning $0 6 hrs Selling Advanced Routing & Switching v4.0 E-Learning $0 4 hr Smart Service Essentials for AM/SE E-Learning $0 3 hr Total: $275 15.5 hrs Role-Sharing Guidelines:
One qualified individual may fill only the SE role in up to two technology specializations.
Postsales engineers are responsible for routing and switching solution implementation and operation:
29.25 hours of required and recommended training for this role.
Exam costs range from $150 to $300
Prerequisite: Format Cost (USD) Duration CCNP Routing & Switching, CCIE, or CCDE Exam $300 1.5 hrs Requirement(s): Format Cost (USD) Duration Advanced Routing and Switching Systems Engineer Representative
#644-068 ARSFE Exam Details
Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Advanced Routing and Switching Technology v4.0 (for #644-068) E-Learning $0 6 hr Cisco Wide Area Application Services v2.0 for SE and FE (for #642-655) E-Learning $0 20 hr Total: $600 29.25 hrs Role-Sharing Guidelines:
One qualified individual may fill only the FE role in up to two technology specializations.
Your company must be a Cisco Registered Partner before you apply for specialization or certification. Follow these steps to apply:
- Visit the Become a Registered Partner page if you are new to the Cisco Channel Partner Program and have not registered.
- Verify that the certified individuals fulfilling job roles are allocated to your company with their CSCO identification number. Partner administrators and internal Cisco employees (associated through the CAM Assignment tool) are able to verify this information using the Partner Self Service tool. (Cisco usually receives exam results in 5 to 10 business days.)
- Complete and submit the Specialization Application. If you encounter any issues in the application or renewal process, please open a case with Customer Service Central (formerly Partner Relationship Team - PRT).
To renew a specialization:
- Begin the recertification process 90 days before your anniversary date.
- Verify that you are in compliance with the current specialization requirements.
- Submit your application using the Program Management and Application tool (formerly CSApp): online web tool.
You must meet all requirements to submit your application. If you encounter any issues in the application or renewal process, open a case with the Customer Service Central (formerly Partner Relationship Team - PRT).
If you fail to submit a recertification application within 10 days after your anniversary date, you will lose your specialization.
Note: If a partner does not remain in compliance with the applicable specialization or certification requirements, Cisco reserves the right to revoke the specialization or certification at any time. Partners must notify Cisco of noncompliance promptly, but in no event more than 30 days after partner first becomes aware of its noncompliance. Upon receipt of such notice, partner may qualify for an extension of time in which to renew its compliance with the applicable specialization or certification requirements. Partner's failure to provide such notice may disqualify partner from receiving such an extension. If no extension is granted or if partner fails to comply with the certification or specialization requirements by the end of the extension period, Cisco reserves the right to revoke the applicable specialization or certification immediately. Additional information regarding noncompliance may be found in the Audit and Policies Document.