Become a Security Specialized Partner
Cisco Security Specializations test knowledge in selling, designing, installing, and supporting integrated network security solutions.
The Cisco Security Specializations help your company:
- Develop sales, technical, and service capabilities for integrated, collaborative, and adaptive security solutions
- Raise technical competency within your company
- Achieve recognition as a specialized partner in the Cisco Partner Locator
These specializations also entitles you to a range of additional benefits. You can:
- Participate in Cisco channel incentive programs
- Receive invitations to Cisco partner events
- Access the Partner Education Connection
- Use My Cisco to personalize web content and get information quickly
- Visit the Design Zone for tested designs and configurations
- Access the Proposal Library for proposal, cover letter, RFx, Q&A, and Executive Summary templates to accelerate sales.
There are three required roles for the Advanced Security Specialization or Advanced Borderless Networks Specialization: Account Manager (AM), Systems Engineer (SE), and Field Engineer (FE).
The roles provide a targeted roadmap with training content and exams tailored to the types of jobs these individuals would fill in a company. This page provides information about training format, cost, and duration specifically for each role, as well as additional general training requirements. All costs and duration are approximate and may vary by region.
For country requirements, learn more about Country Groupings. Also, see specialization requirements in a consolidated view
Responsible for sales methodology and customer engagement
18 hours of required and recommended training for this role.
Exams cost $80 each
Prerequisite: Format Cost
Duration Cisco Sales Expert (#646-206 CSE) Exam $80 1 hr Requirement(s): Format Cost
Duration Cisco Security Sales Specialist or Advanced Security Account Manager Representative
Exam $80 1 hr Recommended Training: Format Cost
Duration Cisco Sales Essentials (CSE) v6.0 E-Learning $0 5 hrs Selling Advanced Security for Account Managers v4.0 E-Learning $0 4 hrs Smart Service Essentials for AM/SE E-Learning $0 3 hrs How to Sell Cisco Web Security Solutions E-Learning $0 4 hrs Total: $160 18 hrs Role-Sharing Guidelines:
One qualified individual may fill only the AM role in up to 4 technology specializations.
Presales engineers are responsible for security solution planning and design:
16.5 hours of required and recommended training for this role.
Exam costs range from $125 to $200
Prerequisite: Format Cost (USD Duration CCDA associate-level certification
(CCDP and CCIE supersede CCDA)
Exam $125 1.5 hrs Required Certification: Cisco Security Solutions and Design Specialist or Advanced Security Systems Engineer Representative
$250 1 hr Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Advanced Security for Systems Engineers (SSSE) v4.0 E-Learning $0 6 hrs Smart Service Essentials for AM/SE E-Learning $0 3 hrs Cisco IronPort: Introduction to HTTP and HTTPS E-Learning $0 1 hrs How to Sell Cisco Web Security Solutions E-Learning $0 4 hrs Total: $375 16.5 hrs Role-Sharing Guidelines:
One qualified individual may fill only the SE role in up to a total of two technology specializations.
Postsales engineers are responsible for security solution implementation and operation:
20.75 hours of required and recommended training for this role.
Exams cost range from $65 to $1450
Requirement(s): Format Cost (USD) Duration Cisco Web Security Field Engineer Specialist or Web Security Field Engineer Representative
#650 - 568 WSFE (last day to appear Sept 30, 2014) OR #700-281 WSFE
#650 - 575 LCSAS
Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Cisco IronPort: Introduction to HTTP and HTTPS E-Learning $0 1 hrs Securing the Web with Cisco Web Security Solutions (SWSA 2.0) Instructor-Led $1,450 16 hrs Cisco Lifecycle Services Advanced Security v2.0 E-Learning $0 2 hrs Total: $1,580 20.75 hrs Role-Sharing Guidelines:
One qualified individual may fill only the FE role in up to a total of two technology specializations.
Your company must be a Cisco Registered Partner before you apply for specialization or certification. Follow these steps to apply:
- Visit the Become a Registered Partner page if you are new to the Cisco Channel Partner Program and have not registered.
- Verify that the certified individuals fulfilling job roles are allocated to your company with their CSCO testing number. Partner Administrators and internal Cisco employees (associated through the Channel Account Manager Assignment tool) are able to verify this information using the Partner Self Service tool. (Cisco usually receives exam results in 5 to 10 business days.)
- Complete and submit the Specialization Application.
If you encounter any issues in the application or renewal process, please open a case with the Customer Service Central (formerly Partner Relationship Team - PRT).
To renew a specialization:
- Begin the recertification process 90 days before your anniversary date.
- Verify that you are in compliance with the current specialization requirements.
- Submit your application using the Certification and Specialization Application online web tool.
You must meet all requirements to submit your application. If you encounter any issues in the application or renewal process, open a case with the Customer Service Central (formerly Partner Relationship Team - PRT).
If you fail to submit a recertification application within 10 days after your anniversary date, you will lose your specialization.
Note: If a partner does not remain in compliance with the applicable specialization or certification requirements, Cisco reserves the right to revoke the specialization or certification at any time. Partners must notify Cisco of its noncompliance promptly, but in no event more than 30 days after partner first becomes aware of its noncompliance. Upon receipt of such notice, partner may qualify for an extension of time in which to renew its compliance with the applicable specialization or certification requirements. Partner's failure to provide such notice may disqualify partner from receiving such an extension. If no extension is granted or if partner fails to comply with the certification or specialization requirements by the end of the extension period, Cisco reserves the right to revoke the applicable specialization or certification immediately. Additional information regarding noncompliance may be found in the Audit and Policies Document.