Retirement of Silver Certification
Silver Certification has retired and applications are no longer being accepted (effective April 1, 2015). All Silver Certified Partners anniversary dates after April 1, 2016 have been updated to an anniversary date of April 1, 2016.
Learn more about the Program Evolution
Read the transition At a Glance.
Silver Certification recognizes partners for their broad technical skills. Silver Certified partners must have achieved two qualified specializations. In addition, they have integrated Cisco Lifecycle Services into their offerings and demonstrated a measurably high level of customer satisfaction.
Cisco offers the Silver Certified Partner designation as a reward for loyalty to Cisco, for capabilities in providing value-added services, and for a commitment to customer success. This designation presents greater branding recognition and differentiation from Premier and Select Certifications.
With this level of certification, partners benefit from an increased level of support from Cisco, including access to best-in-class products and services, technical support, productivity tools, online training, marketing resources, and sales promotions. In addition to branding as a Cisco Silver Certified Partner, benefits of Cisco Silver Certification include:
- Recognition as a Silver Certified Partner in the Cisco Partner Locator
- Participation in Cisco Channel Incentive Programs
- Access to co-marketing campaigns and full service marketing activities
- Access to Partner Education Connection
- A Cisco Certified Partner Kit that contains resources such as sales tools, logos, guidelines, and information
Certification and specialization is based on meeting all requirements within a given country, or country grouping where relevant. All applicants must agree to the Channel Partner Program Terms and Conditions which can be found in the Certification and Specialization Application (CSApp) tool during the application process.
- Specialization Requirements
- Certified Role Requirements
- Support Requirements
- Customer Satisfaction
- Service Requirements
To achieve Silver Certification, a partner must have completed one of two options:
Two of the following Architecture Specializations
- Advanced Enterprise Networks Architecture Specialization
- Advanced Security Architecture Specialization
- Advanced Collaboration Architecture Specialization
- Advanced Data Center Architecture Specialization
- Advanced IP NGN Architecture Specialization (retirement date and last date to apply was: March 10, 2015; program end date is March 10, 2016)
Advanced SP Architecture Specialization
One Architecture Specialization (listed above)
One Advanced Technology Specialization
- Advanced Core and WAN Specialization
- Advanced SP Routing Technology Specialization
- Advanced SP Mobility Technology Specialization
- Advanced SP Optical Technology Specialization
- Advanced Unified Fabric Technology Specialization
- Advanced Unified Computing Technology Specialization
- Advanced Unified Access Specialization
- Advanced Video Specialization
Note: An Advanced Technology Specialization option may not be combined with an Advanced Architecture Specialization within the same product family.
- AC&W or AUA cannot be combined with Enterprise Networks Architecture
- AUCT and AUFT cannot be combined with Data Center Architecture
- AV cannot be combined with Collaboration Architecture
- SPRT, SPMT, and SPOT cannot be combined with SP Architecture
Partner must have a minimum of 6 unique certified full-time employees:
- minimum of two CCIEs
- and no more than two Cisco Sales Experts (CSEs) can be counted toward the total
|Legal agreement||Valid resale agreement or Indirect Channel Partner Agreement (ICPA) in place|
|Demonstration capabilities||Demonstrate one specialization technology or solution|
|Customer service and call back||8x5 basis (8 hours a day, 5 days a week)|
|Call Back||1 hour|
|Support Lab||Support lab equipment requirement for CSSP,SIS and RSA partners only|
|Post-Sales Support||Requirements based on Partner Support Agreement|
|Participation in the Cisco partner customer satisfaction survey is required.|
|January measurement||Provide 20 valid contacts/email addresses for current customers to receive a customer satisfaction survey.|
|July measurement||Partner must enter follow-up activities in the PAL tool for all low scores received for the current fiscal year.|
|New Partner Certification*||Participation in customer satisfaction activities at the first measurement after a full six months of attaining Silver certification (January or July measurement)|
|Existing||Participation in both January and July measurement customer satisfaction activities|
*The definition of "new" partner as it relates to the enforcement of the customer satisfaction requirement is a partner that has not been certified at any level within the previous six months.
Premier or Silver partners moving to Gold Certification must provide a minimum of 30 valid customer contact names/email addresses at the first January measurement period that occurs after a full six months of attaining Gold Certification.
|Service Attach Rate|
|New and Renewing Silver and Gold Certified Partners are required to have a minimum service attach rate of 40 percent during the four previous Cisco quarters. For partners who have not previously been Gold or Silver Certified, the Service Attach Rate requirement may be met by achieving a rate of 40 percent within the past 12 months.|
|Revenue from Services|
|New and Renewing Silver and Gold Partners must generate at least 15 percent of revenue from services during the two previous Cisco quarters.
The service requirements apply to both Cisco Branded Services (CBR, Packaged Services, Pay-for-Performance) and Partner Branded Services (CSSP, Co-Brand, Collaborative Technical Services).
Before Silver or Gold Certification or re-certification is awarded, an independent firm conducts an audit in order to ensure that all program requirements have been met.
Note: Certification and specialization are based on meeting all requirements within a given country, or country grouping where relevant. All applicants must agree to the Channel Partner Program Terms and Conditions which can be found in the Certification and Specialization Application (CSApp) tool during the application process. All Certifications and Specializations must be renewed in CSApp every year.
A complete list of requirements including certified personnel may be found in the Audit and Policies Document.