ScanSafe Is Now Part of Cisco
Acquired in December 2009, ScanSafe is now called Cisco Cloud Web Security.
In December 2009 Cisco acquired ScanSafe and kept it as a separate business unit. As of 12 September, 2012, the service is named Cisco Cloud Web Security, and the ScanSafe brand is being retired. Cisco will continue to deliver world-class cloud-based web security under the Cisco name. The ScanCenter administration and reporting portal will be renamed in the future.
- Q: What happened to the ScanSafe brand?
- A: As part of the December 2009 purchase agreement, the ScanSafe name is being retired and the service renamed Cisco Cloud Web Security. These changes will be reflected on the Cisco website and in all marketing materials, and the ScanSafe website will be retired. The new Cisco naming will appear in the ScanCenter portal in the near future.
- Q: Will Cisco continue to support all of ScanSafe's existing products?
- A:ScanSafe customers will continue to receive the same level of award-winning service and support under the Cisco brand. Cisco Cloud Web Security is now an integral part of the Cisco security vision and strategy.Ã‚Â For instance, Cisco Web Security Connectors for ASA firewalls and ISR G2 routers extends award-winning, cloud-based web security to a broader range of customers than ever before.
- Q: Who should ScanSafe customers contact for sales and support?
- A: U.S. and Canada customers should call 1-866-428-9596. If you are outside the United States and Canada, contact our local offices.